Author Topic: SX900 Search Bug: Warranty Experience  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Lefty

SX900 Search Bug: Warranty Experience
« on: May 18, 2023, 01:24:39 PM »
I contacted Yamaha Support for the following problem:

My SX900 would never update the indexes for the search function in Styles, Registrations, Midi, etc. So even though I removed the USB and gave it time to update, it would return results from the USB, then if I selected a search result, it would tell me the USB was not available.  So search was completely broken. Even a factory reset didn't get rid of the problem.

Yamaha Support was quick to respond, and very supportive. After a month of working with them, they decided to pass the bug report to the development team, and replace my SX900.  They would normally only replace the main board, but I live a couple of hundred miles from the nearest service center, and I think they want the "bugged" unit to send to development.

So if you have a SX700, SX900 or Genos that has search problems like I describe above, the support team would like to hear from you, as they want to know how this is happening.

Bottom line is that Yamaha has a first class support organization.

Craig

Yamaha PSR-SX900, Studiologic Numa X 73, Lots of guitars and harmonicas

Offline EileenL

Re: SX900 Search Bug: Warranty Experience
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 01:27:24 PM »
Yes I agree. Yamaha have a great support and service record here in UK.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:43:03 PM »
I wished Yamaha had the same enduser' s support centre here like in the UK. ;)
Countries like Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands all depend on Yamaha's office in Germany and ( apparently ) the enduser's contact seems to be a lot different than in the UK. :P

We even do not know if this German Yamaha enduser's contact office still exists or not.

If we have a problem we have to contact our dealer or a Yamaha service centre but these service centres are independent, small companies and also repair centres for Korg, Roland etc.

JH
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 06:44:33 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 12:10:50 AM »
I recently had this same search error you describe involving the USB. It appeared during a search or two I believe even when the USB drive was removed. However in my case it cleared up the next day when I turned on the keyboard.
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Lefty

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 12:44:56 AM »
I wished Yamaha had the same enduser' s support centre here like in the UK. ;)
Countries like Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands all depend on Yamaha's office in Germany and ( apparently ) the enduser's contact seems to be a lot different than in the UK. :P

We even do not know if this German Yamaha enduser's contact office still exists or not.

If we have a problem we have to contact our dealer or a Yamaha service centre but these service centres are independent, small companies and also repair centres for Korg, Roland etc.

JH

Hi Jeff,

Our service centers are the same here in the US.  They are all independents, and many support other manufacturers.  Yamaha does have a help line here, and techs who will help with problems.  Those Yamaha techs are the ones I contacted.

Craig

Offline Lefty

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 12:50:21 AM »
I recently had this same search error you describe involving the USB. It appeared during a search or two I believe even when the USB drive was removed. However in my case it cleared up the next day when I turned on the keyboard.

Yep, there are some bugs in the OS.  I've seen more than a few folks complaining about this problem.  I hope folks will open service tickets with Yamaha support to provide an incentive to development to fix this problem.

Craig

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2023, 06:40:01 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Our service centers are the same here in the US.  They are all independents, and many support other manufacturers.  Yamaha does have a help line here, and techs who will help with problems.  Those Yamaha techs are the ones I contacted.

Craig

Thanks for your reply, Craig. :)

In general there are not ( many ) problems with Yamaha's arrangers, IMO. We are lucky. :)

I only wonder why Yamaha have such a nice organization in the UK and not in other parts of the world ( like the US and Western Europe ) where they are well known and have many customers ? ::)

Perhaps some UK members can answer that question. ;)

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 08:24:05 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Flupke

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 08:10:15 AM »
I also had this problem with the sx900 because my keyboard still had full warranty if I exchanged it. Now he has already been to the service center again because of the clicking of the keys. Here they put in new grease but it is now starting again after 6 months

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 09:02:58 AM »
I also had this problem with the sx900 because my keyboard still had full warranty if I exchanged it. Now he has already been to the service center again because of the clicking of the keys. Here they put in new grease but it is now starting again after 6 months
I have applied grease few months ago on my SX700 and as you say it was ok at first, but now (black) keys are starting to rattle again.
It's a design flaw. Everyone who has seen inside of the keybed, can recognize that greasing is only temporary solution.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 09:31:43 AM »
To whom it may concern !

How many times and how long has this complaint been repeated by customers yet ? Much and much too long. :-[

Is it not possible for Yamaha to find a solution to end this complaint for ever ?  ???

JH