Author Topic: Favorites limit on SX900?  (Read 881 times)

Offline p$manK32

Favorites limit on SX900?
« on: May 17, 2023, 01:26:09 AM »
Is there a Favorites limit?? I tried to Favorite my 70th Preset style and got a message that it couldn’t do it...

Thanks
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Nova227

Re: Favorites limit on SX900?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 02:37:30 PM »
yes there is limit of 100,thats 10 pages of 10,once its full you have to delete the files one by one.

The favourite folder is not well designed. it does not have a standard set of file management tools like other areas. You can not copy paste or create sub folders, it does not use alpha sort rules.

If Yamaha could ony give us the standard copy delete functionthis would make favourie more useful.

Before you spend a lot of time with it beware of the favourites limitations.

nova227

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, p$manK32

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 03:18:29 PM »
You may be better off, or in addition to the onboard Favorites, creating a "Favorites Folder" for each category (styles, voices, etc) on your USB device. 
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: p$manK32

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 06:07:27 PM »
Is there a Favorites limit?? I tried to Favorite my 70th Preset style and got a message that it couldn’t do it...

Thanks

Favorites entries are just Links that call up the relevant Preset Styles or Voices. And yes, the number of possible favorites is limited.

I recommend, like "Nova227", just create your own Favorites folders. In these then copy (or save) the desired styles or voices. In folders, the files are automatically sorted alphabetically, and you can rename them if necessary (e.g. add an underscore at the beginning of a voice name to show that voice at the top).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:08:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: p$manK32

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 08:04:29 PM »
Thanks all. I can make my own favorite folders easy enough later on when I narrow down my choices. I was just in the process of auditioning the styles for the first time on my new instrument when the limit popped up. My personal solution then for the audition process is to print out on 11x17 paper the style list from the PDF data manual and highlight them there along with any side comments the old fashioned way.

Per Nova227’s comment, I assume the limit is 100 per User section: 100 for styles, 100 for voices...

One would think a favorite link would not take up much memory to justify a limit.  A 100 favorite limit for over 400 styles is not even 25%.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 08:07:23 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+