Author Topic: Need some help with CVP-609  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Bulls79

Need some help with CVP-609
« on: June 05, 2023, 08:51:03 PM »
    Hi mates, this is my first post here, and I'm enjoying reading and learning from it.
   My question is : how can i make the voice of the CVP-609 warmer and deeper, and like if i hit a key it will ring higher!?
  I don't know why the voice from approx. middle C and above are so flat, i mean it's so so flat, i just keep the main voice to (Concert Grand, Natural) as default.

Is there any way to tweak or adjust the EQ/Reverb/etc...
So i will have more deeper voice??

I'll share with you a YouTube video, and I want to generate the same voice in that vid

https://youtu.be/nDLwStPy9og

I tried to adjust some of the Reverb/Eq settings, but I'm not professional on those kinds of things, i got a better voice, but still, i feel it's still so flat...

Thanks in advance all,.  :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 09:15:44 PM by Bulls79 »

Offline Bulls79

Re: Need some help with CVP-609
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 10:13:11 PM »
    I just increased the main volume of the piano, (3/4 full)
And i think I'm almost there, hehehe.. wow.
   But anyway, is there any other recommendations to improve the voice and to make it deeper and rings higher?

Like adding a Layer voice to the Main one?

Thanks..

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »
Are you talking about the main piano voice or voices in general?
If you add effects or a layer to the piano voice you can change the tone, but there can be downsides. Especially in the lower or high ranges, because the piano voice has usually been optimized for the complete range of 88 keys. You can end up changing it and it might sound better to you in the middle, say between middle C and the G an octave and a half higher, but then get muddy in the bass or high notes.
I have a 605 and I don’t find it to be needing more depth, and since the 609 has a better speaker system, I would have expected that to sound a little fuller if anything than the 605.
Mike

Offline Bulls79

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 12:46:38 PM »
Are you talking about the main piano voice or voices in general?
If you add effects or a layer to the piano voice you can change the tone, but there can be downsides. Especially in the lower or high ranges, because the piano voice has usually been optimized for the complete range of 88 keys. You can end up changing it and it might sound better to you in the middle, say between middle C and the G an octave and a half higher, but then get muddy in the bass or high notes.
I have a 605 and I don’t find it to be needing more depth, and since the 609 has a better speaker system, I would have expected that to sound a little fuller if anything than the 605.
Mike

I'm talking about voice in general.. Either the main voice itself, or by adding another voice (layer) to the main voice,
To get a deeper and fuller output voice.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 06:11:17 PM »
Hi --

I gave a listen to the video, so I assume you're trying to achieve that piano sound.

My first thought was "felt piano" as the upper notes, especially, have damped high frequencies. The piano has a mess of studio effects dropped on it, too.

So, I would recommend starting out with "ambient piano" voices, then tweak. In addition to the Natural Ambient Piano, don't forget the Legacy voices. You might find a different starting point. Maybe study the effects laid on the other voices and then apply them to the Natural ambient piano?

Just a few thoughts -- pj