Author Topic: Sound effects control  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Ray

Sound effects control
« on: May 10, 2023, 07:43:14 AM »
Could someone please inform me where I can locate the sound effects section on the Clavinova, which I suspect would be similar to the Genos location. Thank you. Ray.

Offline EileenL

Re: Sound effects control
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:39:25 PM »
You will find SFX sound effects in the Drum kit section on Genos.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 01:14:25 PM »
Could someone please inform me where I can locate the sound effects section on the Clavinova, which I suspect would be similar to the Genos location. Thank you. Ray.

Hi Ray,

What exactly do you mean by "sound effects section"? Do you mean adding/adjusting effects like reverb, delay, chorus, distortion, rotary speaker simulation, etc.? You can do this in the Mixer display.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Ray

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 10:49:20 PM »
Many thanks Eileen, Chris I was referring to sounds like seashore, gun shot, plane etc. Thankyou.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 01:27:30 AM »
Many thanks Eileen, Chris I was referring to sounds like seashore, gun shot, plane etc. Thankyou.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for clarification!

The SFX Drum kits mentioned by Eileen can be found on your CVP-809 in the voice category "Perc&Drums > SFX" and in the voice category "Others > Legacy > Drum Kit". The included sounds can be found in the "Drum/Key Assignment List" in the CVP-809 Data List, page 49.

There are also SFX single sounds. Some of them are located in the mentioned "Perc&Drums > SFX" category, the others are in the voice category "Others" and there in "GM&XG > SFX" and in "GM2 > SFX". See the "Voice List" in the CVP-809 Data List, pages 10 and 31 - 33.

If you don't have the Data List PDF yet, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/clavinova/cvp-809/downloads.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 01:30:02 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 01:58:42 AM »
Chris, our Genospedia!!!!
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 03:32:33 AM »
A good list there Chris, Thankyou .