Author Topic: MP3 USB error  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Mordmarka

MP3 USB error
« on: May 09, 2023, 10:20:48 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to play MP3 on my Tyros4 from a USB. I Put the USB stick into the T4, Press "Select" (Right hand side of kbd) and I get an error message:
"Hard disk drive is not connected or the connected drive cannot to be used with this instrument. Check the drive."

There is no such problem with MIDI files on the same USB stick.

Thank you all in advance!

Br,
Balázs

Offline overover

Re: MP3 USB error
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Balázs!

This error message may be related to the Tyros4's internal hard drive. Can you access the internal hard drive ("HD1" tab) in other File Selection displays (e.g. Style Selection display or Song (MIDI file) Selection display)?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 12:47:19 PM »
Good morning,

Have you tried converting your MP3 files to Wav 44.100 hz format?

Christian

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 02:15:26 PM »
Good morning,

Have you tried converting your MP3 files to Wav 44.100 hz format?

Christian

Hi Christian,

I don't think it's because of that. Tyros4 can also play MP3 audio files.

To me, the error message Balázs mentioned sounds like there is a problem with the internal hard drive. The (hidden) folder "AUDIOREC.ROOT" may not exist on the internal HD (required by the system for Audio Multi Recording).

P.S.
I accidentally clicked the "Say Thanks" button in your post on my smartphone. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Mordmarka

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 06:28:23 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Balázs!

This error message may be related to the Tyros4's internal hard drive. Can you access the internal hard drive ("HD1" tab) in other File Selection displays (e.g. Style Selection display or Song (MIDI file) Selection display)?

Best regards,
Chris

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately there is no "HD1" tab (see attached picture).

Br,
Balázs

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 06:44:16 PM »
Have you tried copying the files to another USB stick?
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Mordmarka

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 06:58:06 PM »
Have you tried copying the files to another USB stick?

Yes I've tried it, but it I got the same error.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 07:17:41 PM »
Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. Unfortunately there is no "HD1" tab (see attached picture).

Br,
Balázs

Hi Balázs,

Then this is probably the reason for this error message, as I already suspected. Either the internal hard drive has been removed, or it is not formatted properly, or it is defective (more on that later).

First, please try if you can enter "Audio (Simple)" mode by repeatedly pressing the "Select" button in the Audio Player/Recorder section. The "Audio (Multi)" mode will not work because without a working internal hard drive the mentioned "AUDIOREC.ROOT" folder cannot be used by the system. It is possible that the "Audio (Simple)" mode cannot be called up as a result, so that the problem you describe occurs.

Please check whether the internal hard disk is shown in the "Device List" under "Function > Utility > Media" (as "HD1") or not, and then post it here.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:58:04 PM by overover »

Offline Mordmarka

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 09:39:18 PM »
Hi Balázs,

Then this is probably the reason for this error message, as I already suspected. Either the internal hard drive has been removed, or it is not formatted properly, or it is defective (more on that later).

First, please try if you can enter "Audio (Simple)" mode by repeatedly pressing the "Select" button in the Audio Player/Recorder section. The "Audio (Multi)" mode will not work because without a working internal hard drive the mentioned "AUDIOREC.ROOT" folder cannot be used by the system. It is possible that the "Audio (Simple)" mode cannot be called up as a result, so that the problem you describe occurs.

Please check whether the internal hard disk is shown in the "Device List" under "Function > Utility > Media" (as "HD1") or not, and then post it here.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

If I press the Select button I get the mentioned error message. The device list is empty.

Br,
Balázs

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 10:53:08 PM »
Hi Chris,

If I press the Select button I get the mentioned error message. The device list is empty.

Br,
Balázs

Hi Balázs,

Please check whether your Tyros4 has a hard disk installed at all:

- Turn the Tyros4's power off, disconnect any cables including AC power cord from the keyboard. Also make sure to close the LCD panel and disconnect a USB device from the [USB TO DEVICE] terminal.

- Turn the Tyros4 face down on a blanket or some soft surface, giving you direct access to the bottom of the instrument.

- Unscrew the three screws on the bottom of the T4 that secure the hard drive bracket ("caddy"). (See also the attached screenshot!)

- Carefully pull out the caddy and find out if a hard disk is mounted on it or not. Be careful not to damage any components on the SATA to USB adapter board that is plugged into the back of the hard disk.

- If there is a hard disk inside: Make sure the USB connector of the internal USB cable is properly connected to the mentioned adapter board. If you're lucky, everything might work again and the hard drive will show up in the File Selection displays again.

- Please post here whether a hard disk is installed or not and whether the problem has already been solved.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:58:42 PM by overover »

Offline Mordmarka

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2023, 02:54:27 PM »
Hi Balázs,

Please check whether your Tyros4 has a hard disk installed at all:

- Turn the Tyros4's power off, disconnect any cables including AC power cord from the keyboard. Also make sure to close the LCD panel and disconnect a USB device from the [USB TO DEVICE] terminal.

- Turn the Tyros4 face down on a blanket or some soft surface, giving you direct access to the bottom of the instrument.

- Unscrew the three screws on the bottom of the T4 that secure the hard drive bracket ("caddy"). (See also the attached screenshot!)

- Carefully pull out the caddy and find out if a hard disk is mounted on it or not. Be careful not to damage any components on the SATA to USB adapter board that is plugged into the back of the hard disk.

- If there is a hard disk inside: Make sure the USB connector of the internal USB cable is properly connected to the mentioned adapter board. If you're lucky, everything might work again and the hard drive will show up in the File Selection displays again.

- Please post here whether a hard disk is installed or not and whether the problem has already been solved.

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

there is no hard disk installed  :(

Br,
Balázs

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 03:22:57 PM »
Hi Chris,

there is no hard disk installed  :(

Br,
Balázs

Hi Balázs,

This is not good. Then the previous owner removed the hard disk for some reason. Maybe he had installed the T4 HD in a T5, or it was faulty and he didn't want to replace it for the T4 sale. The internal hard disk is required for many functions, including audio recording and installing Expansion Voices/Packs.

The SATA to USB adapter I mentioned is probably also missing (?)

I recommend you to buy a new hard disk. You need a 2.5" SATA disk (as used in laptops in the past). The T4 came with a factory installed 250 or 500 GB disk, but the capacity is not that important. You can also use a larger or smaller one. Here is an example :
>>> https://www.amazon.de/Festplatte-250GB-SATA-Laptop-Generisch/dp/B0069LGO8G?language=en_GB&currency=EUR

If the SATA to USB adapter is also missing, you also need something like this:
>>> https://www.amazon.de/LogiLink-AU0011-USB-Adapter-2-0/dp/B0091C90XQ

By the way, the new hard disk must be (re-)formatted in the Tyros4 (in "Function > Utility > Media").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:27:03 PM by overover »

Offline Mordmarka

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2023, 04:58:44 PM »
Hi Balázs,

This is not good. Then the previous owner removed the hard disk for some reason. Maybe he had installed the T4 HD in a T5, or it was faulty and he didn't want to replace it for the T4 sale. The internal hard disk is required for many functions, including audio recording and installing Expansion Voices/Packs.

The SATA to USB adapter I mentioned is probably also missing (?)

I recommend you to buy a new hard disk. You need a 2.5" SATA disk (as used in laptops in the past). The T4 came with a factory installed 250 or 500 GB disk, but the capacity is not that important. You can also use a larger or smaller one. Here is an example :
>>> https://www.amazon.de/Festplatte-250GB-SATA-Laptop-Generisch/dp/B0069LGO8G?language=en_GB&currency=EUR

If the SATA to USB adapter is also missing, you also need something like this:
>>> https://www.amazon.de/LogiLink-AU0011-USB-Adapter-2-0/dp/B0091C90XQ

By the way, the new hard disk must be (re-)formatted in the Tyros4 (in "Function > Utility > Media").

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your help!

Br,
Balázs