Author Topic: Price used Genos?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline guitpic1

Price used Genos?
« on: May 08, 2023, 09:15:25 AM »
Anyone know what a used Genos is selling for these days?

Thx
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline Divemaster

Re: Price used Genos?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 10:09:54 AM »
In the UK you'd be looking at between £2500 and £3500 depending on condition.
But the usual rule of sale applies. It's only worth what a buyer will give you for it, or conversely, what a seller will take for it.

A lot will depend on condition, has it been gigged, what extras come with it, and how old it is.

NEW ones can be had for £4000 (see below as an example) and with extras too, so a 2nd hand one might not be the best option when you weigh it all up.
https://www.achamilton.co.uk/Genos/GenosBundle2.htm

Another thing to consider is this. If you buy it 2nd hand from a dealership you'll usually get some kind of after sales support and guarantee. From a private buyer you will not generally get any.

Keith
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 11:10:51 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 03:38:38 PM »
Anyone know US prices used?
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
Check reverb.com, I'm seeing $4000. They're still selling new for $6000.

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 04:33:58 PM »
Also consider:

Condition. Could be pristine right through to 'tired'. Has it been used at home or gigged? Smoke-free home? (Getting rid of the smell can take ages and effort)
Source: Private - less expensive but no warranty or comeback. Dealer - more expensive but should have at least a few months warranty.
Accessories: Stand, pedals, speaker system etc.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

keynote

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 01:49:43 AM »
Alto Music in New York has a mint-condition Genos for sale for $5,250. It carries a full Yamaha warranty plus free shipping within the continental United States and a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you'd save roughly $800 (after tax) vs. a new one. Nothing to sneeze at. But as a cautionary tale you might want to wait until… wait for it, yep, the new Genos 2 to arrive on the scene perhaps at the end of this year or early next year at NAMM 2024. But that's a gamble of course because usually Yamaha releases a new TOTL Synth/Workstation prior to a new Flagship arranger. Therefore, we could see a new Montage model sometime this year and the Genos 2 might instead show up at NAMM 2025. Yammie typically releases a new TOTL arranger about a year or so after releasing a new TOTL Workstation/Synth. As evidenced by the current Montage and Genos which were announced/released roughly a year apart i.e., Montage in 2016, and the Genos late 2017. Although Yamaha obviously can do whatever they please, so you never know really. But if you need a Genos now the Alto Music deal appears to be the lowest offer I've seen on the net currently with a full factory warranty, free shipping, and a 30-day money-back guarantee while saving around $800 in the process. https://www.altomusic.com/yamaha-genos-76-key-flagship-arranger-keyboard-genos#child_index=1612

All the best, Mike
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 01:52:34 AM by keynote »

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 07:23:09 PM »
Anyone know US prices used?

I recommend contacting our old pal Frank at AudioProCT: https://audioproct.com/

Frank does a brisk business in Genos and other arrangers. Often, he has a trade-in. He's a friendly guy and would share his knowledge of the current used market.

Hope this helps -- pj