Author Topic: PSR SX600 Registration Memory/Playlist  (Read 1204 times)

Offline JanT

PSR SX600 Registration Memory/Playlist
« on: May 01, 2023, 03:41:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Well I've taken the plunge and got myself an SX600 and so far so good.
So, I've loaded 8 registrations into the registration memory which I have saved as a playlist.
I've now saved a different 8 registrations which I want to save into a different playlist but how do I do this?
Unfortunately I haven't got a manual (bought s/h) so I'm trying to follow the online manual but it's not easy!
When I press the regist bank buttons together it brings up a screen with About This Playlist at the top.
What do I press next, add to playlist or new bank? I don't want to press the wrong button and lose all my new registrations !
Help please 🥺

Offline jsmoraes

Re: PSR SX600 Registration Memory/Playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 01:00:11 AM »
SX600 works as computer: directory and files name. You need to create a new playlist and add the rregistration memories. Save this playlist with diferent name. Do it as you did with  the first playlist.When you click on save, it will let change the name.

To preserve anything on SX600, copy the files (playlist, song, pad ....) and save it with other name or in new folder (a new foldr created and named as backup folder for example). A Flash USB is a good idea to it: no use of internal memory.
To create a new playlist, press button 8  OPTION.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:18:26 PM by jsmoraes »

Offline JanT

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 05:31:51 PM »
Thanks very much for the reply!
I think I’ve done it but not sure how!!!
It’s just so different to my PSRS550, which seemed a lot more user friendly when loading registrations.
Thanks again 🙂

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 06:41:42 PM »
Hi JanT

Glad you're enjoying your SX600.
I see you haven't got a manual.
If you use this link, you can copy both the User Manual, and the Reference Manual.
Also the data manual for your keyboard.

There is also a Bonus Playlist from Yamaha.

All will help you to understand your new keyboard.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx600/downloads.html#product-tabs

Enjoy
Keith.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 06:43:53 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline peanut

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 11:24:20 AM »
Many thanks, Divemaster, for the link - much appreciated and plenty of excellent info there. 

My old S910 has had some serious problems - Bb1 key has gone and several buttons have worn out or were very "sticky". The repair guy (not Yamaha) said the Bb1 problem was a mainboard thing, as the rubber key patch had been changed to no effect. A new mainboard installation would be far too expensive - and better to look around for a new keyboard (I was told).
Most of the 'repaired' buttons only worked 2 or 3 days and I'm left with just one ABCD button that works - and seeing as I've had the S910 for over a decade, I reckoned it was time to upgrade to something new. I've just ordered an SX-600 and it ought to be here in a few days. In the meantime I'm collecting info, experiences and tips about the 600. 

Cheers   :D

Peanut
My fingers're stiff an' my brain's maybe dead, but still can get a danged tune outta my Yammy...................

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster