Author Topic: Style Favourites Function Sx 900  (Read 968 times)

Offline Nova227

Style Favourites Function Sx 900
« on: May 01, 2023, 02:58:59 PM »

I think this function needs some rethink  or maybe I missing something.

It allows you to save 100 onboard  styles to a list that you can call up when needed. Unfortunately there are no  file command options with this function .

You can not
-copy ,
-move,
-create sub folders,
-sort the 100 entrees 
-delete more than one favourite at a time
-access it on the pc connection

I discovered this after I had loaded up my 100 favourites that was no way to sort them or move them to a sub folder. You have delete them one at a time.
 If we had file commands this would work a great clip board for on board file management.

You thoughts ?

Nova227

Offline TiasDad

Re: Style Favourites Function Sx 900
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 03:48:02 PM »
I don't use the Favourites feature, instead I have a folder called Faves in my Registrations folder on my Usb drive. All of my played Regs go in there and when I tap the Regs bar on the home screen, that takes me straight to them too. This way, they all listed alphabetically and can be rearranged by renaming if needs be. Much easier for copying, pasting or deleting, no need for searches and there's no limit on the amount of Regs allowed, I think I'm up to about 350 so far.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 03:49:52 PM by TiasDad »

Online Bill

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 05:13:07 PM »

I think this function needs some rethink  or maybe I missing something.

It allows you to save 100 onboard  styles to a list that you can call up when needed. Unfortunately there are no  file command options with this function .

Nova227
Hi Nova

You have to appreciate what this function is.  It does not save styles etc.
it simply TAGS your Preset Styles etc for a faster recall.

If you want a filing system do as Tiasdad said.

Regards
Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Nova227

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 06:32:25 PM »

My point is you start in to the keyboard  thinking it favourites style folder  but it’s not …..its a tags system  ? . So after you spend many hours auditing styles  songs you find you have 100 styles that you can’t organize or copy some place else to group by genre .

My point was Yamaha could easily added these file management  function or at least  allow this function through the MusicSoft pc connection.

The tagging function where you hold down the style ( which is not in the manual) or hitting the favourite function works very well when sifting through a group of styles trying picked the ones you want to keep. But once you tag them you can’t transfer them out to  your working folder on USB. 

So this what I do, since the favourites function works with on board factory styles and files in the user area but it doesn’t work on usb files.
- add a group of styles I want to review to a folders in the user area
- review the styles  tag the ones I want to keep or consider for a project
- quickly review the selection I have made , adjust as necessary
- delete the files  in bulk that aren’t needed Since these still exist on usb
- copy the tagged file to the usb area where you keep you files used in reg.
- now you have go back to the favourites and delete each of the tagged file saved in the favour area one by one . These file aren’t there but favourite folder thinks they are since you already deleted them from user. Deleting these 100 files one by one is a pain but it works .

Nova227

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 08:25:51 PM »
I just make folders. Much more convinient😀 But I agree, they could have added file managing options.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page