Author Topic: Change of the Standard Genos Vocal Harmony  (Read 852 times)

Offline pmahl

Change of the Standard Genos Vocal Harmony
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:19:21 AM »
Dear Forum Members,
Apparently "ChordalXG" is set as the default vocal harmony type in the Genos for older midi songs. Can you change this. I would like to use the type "StandardHarmony". But the Vocal Harmony should still be controlled by the midi song (otherwise the Vocal Harmony is always on). Can someone help?
Peter
Peterm

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Change of the Standard Genos Vocal Harmony
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 01:53:02 PM »
Dear Forum Members,
Apparently "ChordalXG" is set as the default vocal harmony type in the Genos for older midi songs. Can you change this. I would like to use the type "StandardHarmony". But the Vocal Harmony should still be controlled by the midi song (otherwise the Vocal Harmony is always on). Can someone help?
Peter

The standard solution is to create a setup registration that you load after you turn the power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pmahl

Re: Change of the Standard Genos Vocal Harmony
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 10:18:34 AM »
Hi Fred,
thank you for your answer.
I am aware of the possibility to work with registrations. But this does not fulfill my wish. I would like to sing to a midifile. So not play the song on the keyboard and sing to it, but just let the midifile play and sing to it. Normally the vocal harmony is controlled by track 15 or 16 of the midifile. Mostly it is the case that the individual verses of a song are without vocal harmony and only the chorus receives a harmony voice. Currently, the Genos automatically selects the "Vocoder XG" preset for older midi files. Exactly this I would like to change, e.g. to "Standard Harmony".
If I select via registration e.g. the type "Standard Harmony", the control with the Midifile is switched off and I always get the harmony voices. Then I would have to switch Vocal Harmony on or off with a footswitch. So as far as I want to sing only to the Midifile, this seems to me rather awkward.
I hope to have explained my wish understandably.
Thank you very much for your help.
Peter

Peterm