Author Topic: FYI: Easy Sounds' Dreamscapes Premium Pak not available now  (Read 2451 times)

Offline tyrosrick

FYI: Easy Sounds' Dreamscapes Premium Pak not available now
« on: April 24, 2023, 05:48:52 PM »
Up until a few months ago, I could go to the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloadables site and the free Dreamscapes Premium Pak was there. Now it is not, and their Chat info says they don't know why. Just an FYI for anyone looking for it now.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: FYI: Easy Sounds' Dreamscapes Premium Pak not available now
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 06:10:36 PM »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »
I purchased EasySounds Dreamscapes, it’s an excellent pack.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:00:12 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 09:15:53 PM »
Colin, I emailed you already

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 09:35:53 PM »
I know it can be ordered from Easy Sounds for a price, BUT it WAS free until very recently. Anyway, it is a fine pak, even if Yamaha has chosen to remove it from their free pak website.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 12:04:07 AM »
I know it can be ordered from Easy Sounds for a price, BUT it WAS free until very recently. Anyway, it is a fine pak, even if Yamaha has chosen to remove it from their free pak website.

Hi tyrosrick,

The "Dreamscapes" pack was never free. Among other things, I was allowed to support the producers Peter Krischker and Hans-Peter Henkel with this pack in the beta test phase.

Previously the pack was also available on the Yamaha MusicSoft site, but as said, not for free. Also, the pack was only available from the Yamaha site in protected .cpf format, i.e. it only worked with exactly one keyboard (for whose instrument info file the pack was purchased).

Months of development and programming work go into such a pack. I recommend you to buy the Dreamscapes pack on https://easysoundsshop.de. It's worth every penny. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: tyrosrick

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 03:58:13 AM »
Hi tyrosrick,

The "Dreamscapes" pack was never free. Among other things, I was allowed to support the producers Peter Krischker and Hans-Peter Henkel with this pack in the beta test phase.

Months of development and programming work go into such a pack. I recommend you to buy the Dreamscapes pack on https://easysoundsshop.de. It's worth every penny. :)

Agree here. I’ve never seen the Dreamsscapes pack offered free. Hans-Peter Henkel was very helpful answering my questions about MODX packs when I owned that synth. My next SX purchase from EasySounds after Dreamscapes will be the Analog Xperience pack which has some awesome sounding arp styles and voices. If we don’t support these vendors appropriately, some will eventually cease to operate and that would mean less expansion content available for users.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 06:44:44 AM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 09:20:26 AM »
My error. Years ago, I owned a T5 and did buy the Dreamscapes pak. Somehow, I must have retained it in my computer folder and inadvertently thought I had downloaded it along with other free Musicsoft paks for my recently-purchased Genos this year. My bad-sorry for the confusion on this wonderful pak.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 09:22:15 AM by tyrosrick »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »
Easy Sounds Analog Xperience is also a very nice expansion pack with some really good synth sounds that sound great with the keyboard arpeggiator.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 05:01:45 PM »
My error. Years ago, I owned a T5 and did buy the Dreamscapes pak. Somehow, I must have retained it in my computer folder and inadvertently thought I had downloaded it along with other free Musicsoft paks for my recently-purchased Genos this year. My bad-sorry for the confusion on this wonderful pak.

Since you previously purchased the pack for the T5, perhaps you could work out a deal with Easy Sound Shop to obtain the same pack for your Genos. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 06:17:36 PM »
Hi tyrosrick,

If you bought the Dreamscapes Pack directly from Easy Sounds, you will also receive the Genos version for free on request:

(Quoting from the Dreamscapes product page:)
ℹ️ Upgrading included! With the order of this product you will get the versions for all the higher quality instruments of this series like PSR series and Genos automatically free of extra charge.

Alternatively, you could just use the Tyros5 version (.ppf) for the Genos as well.

If you bought the Dreamscapes Pack from Yamaha MusicSoft back then, you probably got it as a protected .cpf file (which CANNOT be used with the Genos). In this case I would still contact Easy Sounds and explain the situation to them. You might get a discount when you buy the Genos version, or even get it for free.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tyrosrick

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 09:55:48 PM »
UPDATE: I contacted Easy Sounds, and they were gracious enough to send me a link to download the Genos version of Dreamscapes at no charge. Thx to them and to Overover for suggesting I try this.