Author Topic: Multi pad  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Donna P

Multi pad
« on: April 19, 2023, 10:12:53 PM »
Does anyone know of a wood block multi pad ?

If so where could I find one ?

Thanks,
Donna

Offline p$manK32

Re: Multi pad
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 10:54:13 PM »
If you can't fine one, you could try finding a .wav file of a wood block sound sample online and bringing it into the keyboard as an AudioLink multipad. I did this with a wind sound and it worked out pretty well since I didn't need the pitch to change. There is a recommended sample rate (44Khz) and bit length (16) for the .wav file, but I just loaded in what I found.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:56:04 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Donna P

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 11:01:19 PM »
Thank you.

I am not sure I am skilled enough to achieve this but I can give it a try. 

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 11:20:08 PM »
I wonder if there is a wood block sound in one of the percussion kits that you can make a pad out of. Someone else would have to advise on this.

Also, you can view https://youtu.be/u8asJgitc3c   at 2:39:37 in the video is the how to make a multi pad AudioLink.
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Donna P

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 11:36:43 PM »
Awesome I’ll check that out also.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 04:53:35 AM »
Does anyone know of a wood block multi pad ?

If so where could I find one ?

Thanks,
Donna

In Multi-Pad, DrumShot, ElectroKit, MP #2. Sounds like a one off wood block hit, turn on Repeat if you need to. Should point out it's not a wood block, it's a rim shot but sounds close enough and it's already in a MP. :) If you want an actual wood block, go to the Genos data list and search for Wood Block and you'll get lots of hits. Then you could substitute for the real sound in the multi pad or use from the kit to make your own multi pad. Drum - Standard Kit, notes E5 & F5 for example.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:43:32 AM by Christophermoment »
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline Donna P

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 03:49:16 PM »
Excellent idea.

Thanks

keynote

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 04:53:36 PM »
Hi Donna,

Here is a real woodblock sound in .wav format. There is a link at the bottom. Download the file. It is in 16bit, 44100Hz, so it's compatible to use in the Genos. Import the file into your Genos. Transfer the file from the USB stick and place it in the User section of the Genos in a Folder of your choice if you wish. Press the Menu button next to the Home button, go to Menu2 on the LCD screen, choose M.Pad Creator at the top right of the LCD screen, press 'Audio Link Multi Pad'. If you want the woodblock sound on the #1 multipad button, press the 1 line, then navigate to where you placed the woodblock file. Press the file then press the Exit button on the right side of the LCD screen right above the One Touch Setting buttons. Edit the file setting if you wish, choose Save to save the setting and save it where you would like in the User section. Also give it a name before you save it, e.g. 'woodblock', etc. Usually, you'd create a new folder, e.g. Audio Linked Multipads, etc., and save the file in the folder. When you want to use the woodblock sound or other audio link+ multipad(s)/Banks, just navigate to the folder by pressing the Multi Pad section at the bottom right of the LCD screen, navigate to the folder where you saved the audio link multipad(s)/Banks of Multipads - and press the saved file/Bank(s) of Multipads, and you're good to go. It/They will light up on the Multi Pad Control button(s), showing it/they are enabled. Hope this helps.

Roland-SC-88-Wood-Block Sound

The Genos Reference Manual on page 62 also instructs you how to do it.

The following users thanked this post: porterma, Roshure

Offline Donna P

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 04:56:34 PM »
Thank you so much. I will give it a try.

Donna

Offline porterma

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 07:39:01 PM »
Thank you Keynote,
I was able to get the woodblock set on my Genos as a "user" multi pad. However, when I press the #1 button the block sounds just once.
How can I get the block to continually repeat itself so it plays over and over with the other music ?
Thanks for all your help.

Mark

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »
Hi Mark!

Unfortunately, audio multipads don't repeat; would need to find a midi wood block sound to do that.

Now, you *could* put the wood block wav into YEM, load into the Genos as an expansion voice, and *then* make it loop; but in this case it might be simpler to find an existing sound and make the multipad from that,

Mark

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 11:42:41 PM »
You are much better recording a midi Multi pad. Select a voice you want and tap out the pattern you want. Then you can put it on repeat.

The following users thanked this post: porterma