Author Topic: Parameter Lock and Shortcut buttons  (Read 1101 times)

Offline p$manK32

Parameter Lock and Shortcut buttons
« on: April 19, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »
The Parameter Lock feature in Utility does not have an option to lock in Assignable Button and Live Control Knob settings system wide? I am finding when I load in a different registration that didn’t include my shortcut settings I am frequently having to re-assign the short cut buttons again and hopefully remember to save them into the registration. Is there a way around this? For now I don’t need my shortcuts to be part of Registrations, I want it to be system wide.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 09:33:16 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Parameter Lock and Shortcut buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 09:45:17 PM »
The Parameter Lock feature in Utility does not have an option to lock in Assignable Button and Live Control Knob settings system wide? I am finding when I load in a different registration that didn’t include my shortcut settings I am frequently having to re-assign the short cut buttons again and hopefully remember to save them into the registration. Is there a way around this? For now I don’t need my shortcuts to be part of Registrations, I want it to be system wide.

Sadly, no. The best you can do is create a setup registration that sets the keyboard the way you want.

When you find a registration that changes your assignments, re-memorize it unchecking the Assignable box. Then load your setup registration to restore your assignments.

Eventually, you'll have your registrations trained to do what you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: p$manK32

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 10:16:09 PM »
Sadly, no. The best you can do is create a setup registration that sets the keyboard the way you want.

When you find a registration that changes your assignments, re-memorize it unchecking the Assignable box. Then load your setup registration to restore your assignments.

Fred,
Yes, just watched your setup registration video. Since I am at the very beginning of building registrations it makes sense then to do that first, then save new ones off that setup registration always checking the Assignables I guess.

I’m not sure I understand your second comment. What does unchecking the Assignable box do when re-memorizing? And then wouldn’t loading in the setup registration delete the contents (styles, voices, mixer) of the current registration I was on?

Rich
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:19:50 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 04:03:49 AM »

I’m not sure I understand your second comment. What does unchecking the Assignable box do when re-memorizing? And then wouldn’t loading in the setup registration delete the contents (styles, voices, mixer) of the current registration I was on?

Rich,

Next time you press the Memory button, stop and look at the screen. Take 5 minutes to check it out.

Each box represents a group that will be memorized, or not, depending on whether the box is checked. If the Style box is checked, the style will be memorized, and loaded when you load this reg. If it’s not checked, the style won’t be memorized, meaning that when you load this reg, the currently loaded style will not be changed.

Same thing with the Assignment buttons. If the Assignment box us not checked when you memorize the reg, then it won’t make any changes to your “shortcuts”.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 04:53:03 AM »
Fred,

I understand what the Memory check boxes are and what they memorize. I need to understand the specific procedure you stated. "Re-memorize a registration with the Assignable unchecked." Understand that part. The next step "load the setup registration to restore the Assignables" is not clear to me. That will pull up the generic registration I made with the correct Assignables that I want, but how does that bring those Assignable settings into the previous registration that had the incorrect Assignable settings? Am I misinterpreting this? If you can't explain further, I will just play around with it.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 05:10:32 AM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 05:19:37 AM »
Fred,

I understand what the Memory check boxes are and what they memorize. I need to understand the specific procedure you stated. "Re-memorize a registration with the Assignable unchecked." Understand that part. The next step "load the setup registration to restore the Assignables" is not clear to me. That will pull up the generic registration I made with the correct Assignables that I want, but how does that bring those Assignable settings into the previous registration that had the incorrect Assignable settings? Am I misinterpreting this? If you can't explain further, I will just play around with it.

Rich,

It doesn't "bring those Assignable settings into the previous registration". It will simply, as you say, load the "correct Assignables that I want". And once they're loaded, they won't change because you re-memorized the offending registration to tell it not to.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline p$manK32

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 05:34:03 PM »
Thanks, Fred. I understand the concept now and the knowledge will help before I start building registrations. The way the registrations work takes a little getting used to.

Rich
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:29:09 PM by p$manK32 »
SX900, MODX7+