Author Topic: Genos midi file settings regristration issues  (Read 971 times)

Offline franksboard

Genos midi file settings regristration issues
« on: April 19, 2023, 12:13:34 AM »
I have a Genos and use midi files and save my own sound registrations. i first mute the channels in the midi file i want silent,but have issue during midi file song ,i press regristration number i want and playing my my voice that regristion shuts off and have to press that reg number again.my question is there a setting in midi that disables changes when using midi files

Edit 2023-04-19 by overover: Fixed typo in topic title
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 05:31:12 PM by franksboard »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos midi settings help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 02:46:48 AM »
I have a Genos and use midi files and save my own sound registrations,but during performing the song i press the preset registrations to select sound i am playing and then it defaults back to original sound setting in midi file.have to press preset again to call up my sound or voice that i am using.need help to cancel these changes being made automatically

You're not easy to understand, Frank.

My best guess is you want to hear the voices you've memorized in a registration, not the voices from the midi.

If so, just mute the midi voices you don't want to hear. My guess would be you want to mute channels 1, 2 and 3 of the midi. You can do this in the Mixer>Song, and tap the channel numbers you want muted.

When it plays the way you want, re-memorize the registration. Ensure the Song box is checked when you do.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 04:42:10 AM by overover »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: franksboard

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos midi settings help needed
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 01:14:42 PM »
This usually happens when you have saved the voices used at the beginning of the song into the header. It then takes a double click to use your new voices.

The following users thanked this post: franksboard