Author Topic: Yamaha New CVP-900 series  (Read 3639 times)

Yamaha New CVP-900 series
« on: April 13, 2023, 06:27:10 PM »
Hello everyone. Here is the overview video  https://youtu.be/exP1kXTJR68

Offline mixermixer

Re: Yamaha New CVP-900 series
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 08:11:52 PM »
Hmm not much has changed, rehash of 800 series but with different LED colors? At least that's what I see on the website...

Offline overover

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 09:11:05 PM »
Well it's got the chord looper now!
Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 11:06:50 PM »
A few tweaks, nothing earth shattering, but then the CVP line is so good and didn’t need much improvement. Like new car models, it’s good for the dealers to have something new.
There might also be a message that the profitability of these TOTL living room instruments is so much more attractive to dealers and Yamaha than the portable keyboards, even Genos. So they prioritize it.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 11:51:22 PM »
These are truly beautiful instruments. Every time that I've played one, I was ready to sell my car and buy one.  :D

However, how would I get home? In the delivery truck?

-- pj

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 07:02:40 AM »
Reading through the list of voices, the CVP-909 has almost no new voices compared to the CVP-809.
New features are also not found in the manual. Perhaps Genos 2 is no exception
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline gogo

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 05:59:00 PM »
Reading through the list of voices, the CVP-909 has almost no new voices compared to the CVP-809.
New features are also not found in the manual. Perhaps Genos 2 is no exception
The price will definitely be new.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 05:06:46 PM »
Dear PJ,

besides a Genos, I have a Clavinova CVP309, at its time (2005) the top of the line, still very nice to play, with a beautiful polished ebony finishing.

To move it is obviously totally different than moving a Genos, or other keyboards. But not impossible. When I moved to the present new house it was transported without disassembling, together with our furniture, well protected with pads.
But it is possible to disassemble in two parts and load it in any station wagon or hatchback. The only problem is the huge weight of the upper part (all thick wood structure, hosting the big audio system also, the amplifier, ecc) that requires AT LEAST 2 strong persons to be handled.

For maintenance, no problem, since the Yamaha technician comes home for any repair. He did the complete replacement of the keyboards contacts, two years ago, at a reasonable price.

Although my Genos is connected to a pair of excellent Yamaha HS8 monitors, when I play the Clavinova the sound is amazing. And the piano sounds have something more.

The real problem ov the Clavinova is the price......

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 11:44:13 PM »
Anyone else find it odd that the specs are *identical* to the 809 (which is the same sound library as the Genos), except with the addition of a chord looper?
I would've thought if they're finally bringing out a new CVP, they didn't at least add the Genos 2.0 superior pack to make the 909 match the Genos 2.0 OS
Mark

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 06:46:37 AM »
Conspiracy theories?
Is it possible that yamaha will release a firmware update for CVP 909 and it will be different from 809?
Currently I see only the color of the led and the chord looper.
Genos + Motif XS7

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 09:32:22 AM »
Anyone else find it odd that the specs are *identical* to the 809 (which is the same sound library as the Genos), except with the addition of a chord looper?
I would've thought if they're finally bringing out a new CVP, they didn't at least add the Genos 2.0 superior pack to make the 909 match the Genos 2.0 OS
Mark

Remember that the only real completely new feature added to the OS in Genos 2.0 was actually the Chord Looper, which is now there on the CVP.

The additional voices / styles were added by a YEM expansion pack which I don't think the CVP series supports.
Genos

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 02:50:42 PM »
My 809 has the chord looper. So this is not a new feature

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 03:47:49 PM »

Yeah.
Thank you for letting me know this.
I found 1 video from 2 years ago. Of course it can't be from CVP909. Take a look at 0.50 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_norMmfNvA
Genos + Motif XS7

Offline DerekA

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 07:48:33 PM »

Oh .... Even less that is actually new then !!!
Genos

Offline Kenneve

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2023, 04:42:02 PM »

Yeah, even my CVP805 has the chord looper.

However, when listening to some of the demo videos, I do get the impression that some of the voices, although having the same name , have in fact been tweaked a little
What do other members think?

Offline mikf

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 03:36:39 PM »
I think that it might be a bit like new car models. They issue them almost every year, even if the change from previous is minor or cosmetic. But then new buyers feel they have the very latest model.
As I have said many times, Yamaha don’t issue new keyboard models to get people to upgrade from the last one. Few players would do tha because changes are usually fairly modest. Most new purchases are by people upgrading much older models, or from much lower level models to the TOTL.  It’s mainly to make the new buyers feel they are getting the most recent, and to compete with other brands.
Mike
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 04:40:48 PM by mikf »