Author Topic: sequence  (Read 1211 times)

Offline micktheplumber

sequence
« on: April 10, 2023, 11:03:13 AM »
I have 2 registrations 8 on one part 2 on another part that are one song managed to join them on my tyros 4 where there was only 8 slots but, cant seem to join them on this Genos  although it has 10 slots help please ,
thank you Mick

Offline acparker

Re: sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 11:53:16 AM »
Hi Mick,

I'm not sure I'm clear on what your asking -- but I think this is it:

On the Registration Sequence screen, on the far right, you'll see a spot where it can say "Stop", or "Top" or "Next".  Set it for "Next" by tapping it.
Now make sure the two registrations are named so that they follow each other.  ie:  "SongName-1" and "SongName-2"
Once that's done, when you step through the sequence of SongName-1, when it reaches the end, will automatically step to No.1 of SongName-2.

On the other hand, if you are trying to combine them all into one registration, then go to the second registration bank and select the first registration.  Then load the first registration bank, and before doing anything else, hit save and '9'.  Then re-save the first registration bank.  Repeat these steps for the 2nd registration, moving it to 10 and re-saving once again.

Hope one or the other of these helps!

Have a great day!

Adam

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 12:36:05 PM »
 thank you for the info, the first 8 in the bank ive got in sequence with a pedal the bank is APACHE 1 and i have got next displayed but i still do not understand how i get APACHE 2 to join on, i have to leave APACHE 1 to be able to bring up APACHE 2 then add the 2 reg in that bank to the 8 ive already got registered to a pedal but by bringing up APACHE 2 the 8 i had displayed for APACHE 1 have now gone ,
thank you hope that makes sense.i have got next selected.
Mick

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »
As you now have ten registration buttons just copy the two that are on the second bank. Make up a new sequence and save the registration. Job done.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 02:00:20 PM »
Hi Mick,

If I understand you correctly, you want to copy the two registrations from bank "Apache 2" to the two free Reg buttons (#9 & 10) of bank "Apache 1" so that you can only play this song with one bank on the Genos in the future.

Copy Registrations to another Bank as follows:

1. Load the source bank and the registration you want to copy (in your case "Apache 2 > Reg button #1").

2. Load the target bank (in your case "Apache 2"), but don't press the Reg button yet.

3. Press the MEMORY button and make sure all required checkboxes are ticked.

4. Press the Reg button on which you want to memorize the current panel settings (in your case Reg button #9)

5. Simultaneously press the two Regist Bank -/+ buttons to bring up the Registration Bank Selection display and save the current Bank. (Overwrite the old file with the same name.)

6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 to copy settings from Reg button #2 of bank "Apache 2" to Reg button #10 of bank "Apache 1".

7. If necessary, adjust the Registration Sequence for the current bank.

8. Don't forget to finally save the target bank "Apache 1" again. If desired, you could change the name of the bank afterwards, e.g. to "Apache".

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 03:43:27 PM »
Thank you all for contributions in the end i got a message saying try the registration manager ,so i downloaded it and BINGO!!! so easy and useful to alter any other registrations ,but thank you all learnt a lot today
Mick :)

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 08:13:35 PM »
10 registrations to play Apache - must be some arrangement 8)
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 08:51:34 PM »
10 registrations to play Apache - must be some arrangement 8)
Mike

Hi Mike,

If I remember correctly, I pointed out to Mick earlier that the steps in a Registration Sequence are freely programmable, i.e. certain registrations can also be used several times, e.g. 1-2-3-4-3-4-5-6-5-6-8.

But apparently even then Mick needed 10 different registrations for the song "Apache" (which is why he used to work with two banks, which were stepped through via Reg Sequence).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)