Author Topic: Transposing to play along with a BFlat instrument.  (Read 1013 times)

Davemm

Transposing to play along with a BFlat instrument.
« on: April 09, 2023, 07:52:03 PM »
I have a Tyros 2 and and would like to use it to play along  with my tenor sax. Bearing in mind that they are in two different keys, what is the best way to transpose, Do I alter the Tyros to be in the same key as the Sax, or do I have to resort to having transposed sheet music to C Concert.
Its easy if I record a number on the Tyros in BFlat.then just play the recorded number.
But I would like to make use of prerecorded Scores.
Ideally I would like to change the key of the Tyros, but how will it affect the prerecorded Songs, midis, scores if I do that.  Will the moving score be in the correct key and correct notes shown.
Thank you.

Offline RONBO

Re: Transposing to play along with a BFlat instrument.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 11:59:20 PM »
hello,

I suggest transposing your Tyros 2 semitones.Then the two instruments will be in the same key, and as long as they are played from the same sheet music they will be in tune,

The pre-recorded scores can be played by dropping the key 2 semitones and it should match the key that the sax is played in.

I say, SHOULD, I'd try this out first

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos