Author Topic: Genos Genie Free Style Downloads  (Read 2591 times)

Offline porterma

Genos Genie Free Style Downloads
« on: April 07, 2023, 06:17:38 PM »
Hi,
I am wondering if any of our Forum members have downloaded the free styles ("Live Bossa" and "Rocky Cha Cha") along with their registrations from the Genos Genie's YouTube channel.
Watching the video the styles and registrations seem to be great.
I would appreciate hearing from those who have tried them on their Genos keyboards.
Thanks,

Mark

Offline rattley

Re: Genos Genie Free Style Downloads
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 11:23:55 PM »
Hello

Never knew about them until i read your post. I downloaded them and will try them out later this evening.  I will let you know........... -charley

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 06:50:02 AM »
Hi all,

Here is a link to the YT channel of "Genos Genie":
>>> https://www.youtube.com/@genosgenie/videos

By the way, the download files are in 7-zip format (.7z). If you have problems unpacking, I recommend using the "7-zip" program:
>>> https://www.7-zip.org/

Note: In order for the two registration files included in the "GG Live Bossa.7z" download to work (GG Bossa.rgt and GG Live Bossa.rgt), the name of the unzipped folder "GG Live Bossa" must be changed to "GG Bossa". Then copy this folder to the root directory of the USB stick and make sure that the USB stick is recognized as "USB1".

In the case of the downloaded file "Rocky Cha1.7z", the name of the folder contained is ok. So copy the unzipped "Rocky Cha" folder to the USB stick. However, the included registration file "Rocky Cha.rgt" was (probably erroneously) created in such a way that the USB stick should be recognized as "USB2" (second connected USB stick, internal drive letter J:/). I converted this .rgt file for use on "USB1" (internal drive letter I:/) You can download this corrected .rgt file here: :)
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyiwjvtoiqaxxbg/GG%20Rocky%20Cha.rgt%20for%20use%20with%20USB1.zip?dl=0

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:21:07 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, pethep, Runner4Fun, wersianer, Roshure

Offline kiplis

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 08:45:21 AM »
Hmmm, I think it should be "GG Bossa" instead?

Sounds nice, thank You  8)

Offline torben

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 09:51:08 AM »
Hmmm

these files seem to be very tricky. Anyone succeeded in unpacking and using them?

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

The following users thanked this post: alefra17

Offline kiplis

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 10:40:20 AM »
Yes, and they are ok.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 12:19:39 PM »
Hmmm, I think it should be "GG Bossa" instead?

Sounds nice, thank You  8)

Yes, kiplis, of course I meant "GG" (instead of "BB"). I've edited my post above accordingly. Thank you very much for your hint! :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:23:39 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 12:41:11 PM »
Hmmm

these files seem to be very tricky. Anyone succeeded in unpacking and using them?

Torben

Hi Torben,

As I wrote above, if you have trouble extracting such .7z archive files, use the linked "7-zip" program.

As mentioned, the unzipped folders from both .7z files must be copied into the root directory of the USB stick. Also, as also mentioned, the name of the "GG Live Bossa" folder must be changed to "GG Bossa" for the supplied Registration Bank to work.

And for the sake of completeness, here's another note that the included Registration Bank file "Rocky Cha.rgt" only works if the stick is addressed as "USB2". So please download the .rgt file that I corrected and replace the original file of the same name with it. Then everything works from the first connected USB stick (USB1). :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:43:16 PM by overover »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 02:10:43 PM »
I checked the Rocky Cha and it worked fine in my PSR-S950.

There wasn't much going on with the actual style. Parts A, B, and C were each just 2 measures long. Part D was 4 measures.

At this point in the creation of styles, they ought to be at least 4 measures long (to create a decent  bass pattern).

I have some KORG PA3 styles (converted to use in my PSR) that have the style parts 8 measures long. It takes a while to create a good sounding pattern that long but well worth it. I have done it myself a few times with guitar patterns. Yamaha should step their game up to this quality of creativity in their styles also.

Drake

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 02:11:59 PM by DrakeM »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 03:56:00 PM »
At this point in the creation of styles, they ought to be at least 4 measures long (to create a decent  bass pattern).

Just my opinion... Number of measures (also called bars) doesn't really determine the quality of the style, because it depends on type of music. For example, we can use 1 measure on 4/4 time signature or 2 measures on 2/4 time signature, by getting exactly the same result. Majority of pop music has max 2 measures at 4/4 and most polka & waltz music usually require only one measure. What determines the quality of the style is content (i.e. bass pattern) inside measure.
As said, just my opinion.

For those interested, here's example of 1bar at 4/4 and 2bar at 4/4 video.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 08:03:16 PM »
Here is an example of an 8 measure Main Part usage with the guitar riff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_tSygTcPQ

The guitar plays in Measure 1 and then again in Measure 7.

To have the style's Main only 4 measures with the riff in measure 1 sounds repetitive and boring. It took me a while of listening to my original recording of this song using 4 measures. I could tell it was screwed up and added the extra 4 measures and moved the second riff to fix the style. It takes me days and sometimes a few weeks of listening to my finished custom styles before I am sure it is a good sounding style.

I originally began nailing down the drum and bass patterns I use in each style. I have added in the last couple of years focusing in on the Phr1 and PHr2 that I use as well. 

Drake