Yamaha new products at NAMM 2023... unfortunately no new Montage or new Genos 😢

Started by keynote, April 06, 2023, 11:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikf

Irene
It is of course entirely up to you to decide what is or what is not of interest to you and worth your time. But  there is no need to 'sign out' or leave the forum. You can just cut back on your visits or posts. But by keeping your membership alive, then it's very easy for you in the future if some question arises, to come back and post this question.
I also wanted to make sure that people realize that the forum is only one part of this website. There is a whole world of lessons and advice opens up when you click on the PSR Tutorial link. I admit that many of these are not brought fully up to date for the latest keyboard models, but since the basics remain unchanged, they still are useful.
I liken the forum to an after dinner conversation, it might go anywhere, it might be interesting to you, it might not. But as long as it's respectful that is fine.
Someone posted in frustration on this thread .". NAMM, Genos2, Korg, Ketron .. is there nothing more interesting to talk about?"
Well obviously not, because that's what is currently generating the longest thread !!

Mike

usaraiya

Quote from: Lee Batchelor on April 19, 2023, 07:59:46 AM
I didn't read every post but just because there was no Genos 2 displayed at NAMM, doesn't mean Yamaha won't release it next month (for example). It may be in the final stages of OS proofing and other QC stuff. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy making music, without which life would be mono-tonous!(sorry, for that, couldn't help it!) ;D ;D

Uday
:)

colas musique

Good morning,
I think everything has been said on this subject.
There are those who will consider buying the Genos 2 and others who will not immediately. There is no judgment to be made on the choices of each.
And it can continue until November-December is another 9 months!!!! 9 months is a very long time on the same subject!!!
Christian

EileenL

Yes I must agree Christian. I think we now have enough information on the opposition and carrying on with this is now getting very boring.
Eileen
font]

Danny1972

Quote from: EileenL on April 19, 2023, 10:40:17 AM
Yes I must agree Christian. I think we now have enough information on the opposition and carrying on with this is now getting very boring.

I really don't get posts like this......

Note: I have since spoken to Eileen about wording of the above message and apologised to her if it sounded too direct or even rude, it certainly wasn't my intention to do so as I have absolutely nothing but respect for Eileen, I just worded my point of view a bit badly.

Danny1972

Quote from: Lee Batchelor on April 19, 2023, 07:59:46 AM
I didn't read every post but just because there was no Genos 2 displayed at NAMM, doesn't mean Yamaha won't release it next month (for example). It may be in the final stages of OS proofing and other QC stuff. Time will tell.

Absolutely, it will be either as you said or they are just timing it right. I will say though, just say if an announcement was quite imminent, they have been hiding it really well this time because there are usually at least a leak or two, mock pictures or leaked specs, but none of that this time at all !

madirv

Thats the one Bogdan!!!   Back in the day I had a Clavinova---think it was probably one of the very first models as it was over 30 years ago when my son came home from a piano lesson raving about his teachers piano---so we had to buy one!!!!!!  This piece was one piece I could play by ear together with the very few rhythms that were on and I remember it was a Bossa Nova.   Things have moved on since then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
regards

Christophermoment

Quote from: Danny1972 on April 19, 2023, 10:59:55 AM
I really don't get posts like this, if you don't like something, you don't need to read it or even reply, just ignore it and move on and find a topic you like to participate it, it's really that simple.

Okay, now apply this logic to yourself and your post. :)
You don't get the post?? So don't read it or reply, move on, it's really that simple.

People are allowed to have an opinion and if they see something that is pointless, then they can post a remark to that effect.
Do not tell people to not read or comment as an argument to post sometimes meaningless content.

Just my opinion.

Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Danny1972

Quote from: Christophermoment on April 19, 2023, 01:01:41 PM
Okay, now apply this logic to yourself and your post. :)
You don't get the post?? So don't read it or reply, move on, it's really that simple.

People are allowed to have an opinion and if they see something that is pointless, then they can post a remark to that effect.
Do not tell people to not read or comment as an argument to post sometimes meaningless content.

Just my opinion.

It's ok, thank you. I'd rather stick to the topic at hand and look forward to more input from those who are genuinely interested in discussing the topic.

All the best to you.

Danny1972

Quote from: colas musique on April 19, 2023, 01:39:55 PM
Good evening,
I approve of Christophe's statements.
At some point, you have to know how to move on and not just focus on the future Genos 2.

Really? But isn't it what the topic is about? So therefore one would expect lots of 'Genos2' talk.

So what you are saying is we shouldn't discuss anything about Yamahas next arranger because it's upsetting or too boring for people?

I thought this was the whole point of forums.

So we can't talk about the next Yamaha arranger on a Yamaha forum. Right... got it.. 🙄😂

I'm baffled.

usaraiya

Seven years ago, when the then-new Genos was released, Yamaha prepared us for the event by showing us three months of teasers to get us talking about it and getting mighty excited, which would increase their early sales.
So, I would expect that Yamaha will herald in the new G2 using the same rollout strategy, three months of teasers before the release! Pure speculation, but something to look forward to!

Uday
:)

Danny1972

Quote from: colas musique on April 19, 2023, 02:15:07 PM
Hello Danny,
I read in many forums that some would like 90 keys, that it be white, that it obey the voice.
Of course, I exaggerate at will.
But, it must be understood that YAMAHA has already finalized its product, that it will be released at the end of November at the beginning of December at a price close to its neighbors. So what is the point of speculating in a vacuum.
It's like saying I want the new TESLA to have the steering wheel in the middle of the cabin. Elon Musk has nothing to do with it. He will release his model as he planned.
It will therefore be like this for Genos and the discussions could still drag on for 9 months, that would not change anything.
Who are we to influence the trade policy of such a giant?
As soon as it is understood, everything is said. Of course, speech is free in the forum, but it still has to be reasoned, rational and above all constructive.
And to conclude, I will say that pedaling in the vacuum of knowledge has never made things happen.

Hello colas,

Thank you for your post and I appreciate your thoughts :)

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

keynote

Quote from: madirv on April 18, 2023, 02:18:53 AM
Why is everybody so obsessed with getting the latest Genos?   I have never understood the long winded discussions about the latest keyboards.  Admittedly  I am turning into a "Grumpy Old Woman" but everything i ever read when I was choosing my keyboard gave Genos as the be all and end all of all keyboards. it seems to win everything hands down---so why don't people just play them and enjoy what they did actually choose to buy instead of obsessing over when the next one will come out.   How much better can it be than the one you have already got??????

I'll probably be banned from the site now !!! >:( >:(
Irene

You make a good point, Irene. I think it's mostly a man thing, although Rikki from Down Under said she's also interested in the latest/greatest releases when they come out. The Genos is top-notch, no doubt about it. A professional keyboardist can really make the Genos sing. People like Peter Baartmans from the Netherlands and Martin Harris of the UK, etc. That said, I don't think Yamaha wants to rest on its laurels too long. There are other keyboard manufacturers like Korg, Roland, Ketron, Kurzweil, Casio, Medeli, etc., that also want a piece of the pie and Yamaha needs to keep up with the competition or could be caught flat-footed. In other words, I don't think Yammie wants to give up market share easily.

In fact, Yamaha orchestrated two websites, one called YamahaSynth.com, and the other IdeaScale.com for the purpose of gaining insight into what their customers and potential customers want in future keyboard products. That means, Yamaha is interested in maintaining and gaining market share and of course bringing products to market that reflect current trends and hopefully the latest technologies. Guys that play keyboards thrive on new products that deliver the best sounds and latest technology in a reasonably affordable package. If a Genos2 is released by Yamaha (or perhaps they'll call it something else) the buzz and excitement will immediately follow, especially if the Genos2, etc., meets or beats all the hype that Yamaha touts. The Genos still sells reasonably well, from what I understand, but it's getting long in the tooth and behind the times technology-wise. OTOH, if the Genos2 finally arrives but doesn't meet or beat people's expectation, there are other options on the table for people to consider if Yamaha doesn't deliver on said product(s). Both the Korg Pa5X and the Ketron Event will be on the market for another 5–7 years before something else is released, most likely. In the interim, Yamaha could take the slow boat to China route and wait several more years before releasing a Genos2 or a new Montage. The ball is in Yamaha's court. We as consumers are at the whim of companies that produce products for sale. It is up to Yamaha to get the ball rolling. Yamaha's customers and potential customers can simply try and persuade them to get the ball rolling on their behalf. ;)  That's what we're doing on this forum and other forums, and I think Yamaha does browse this forum on occasion to see what we're up to, and hopefully they're taking notes.  8)

All the best, Mike 

EileenL

I don't think there is much left to discus. Yamaha Korg and Ketron Have been welll covered.
  Indeed most of the idea's people have for the new Genos are also posted on IdeaScale.com word for word but no answers are given.
Eileen
font]

ton37

;D ;D Mmmm..I wonder.. peoples reactions are sometimes 'remarqueble'. Why one  react at certain post and says: this is so boring  or all is said a hundred times already. Also pronounce that one quit the discussion because the content lead to nothing. By writing such kind of reaction one in fact participate on that discussion. I doubt if one succeed to convince other (future) participans to stop replying on a certain issue. Why not simply ignore or don't reply ... that's not so difficult ... or it is ... ?  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Christophermoment

Quote from: ton37 on April 19, 2023, 10:58:44 PM
;D ;D Mmmm..I wonder.. peoples reactions are sometimes 'remarqueble'. Why one  react at certain post and says: this is so boring  or all is said a hundred times already. Also pronounce that one quit the discussion because the content lead to nothing. By writing such kind of reaction one in fact participate on that discussion. I doubt if one succeed to convince other (future) participans to stop replying on a certain issue. Why not simply ignore or don't reply ... that's not so difficult ... or it is ... ?  ;)

You don't need to wonder, it's a part of human nature. :) Just examine your own feelings and why you felt you had to comment on why others had reacted and posted. You have now participated in a discussion about which people have posted there feelings on boring, meaningless comments. Why did you not ignore? That's not so difficult, or is it?  ;D
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

ton37

My best regards,
Ton

rikkisbears

Quote from: keynote on April 19, 2023, 03:08:35 PM
You make a good point, Irene. I think it's mostly a man thing, although Rikki from Down Under said she's also interested in the latest/greatest releases when they come out.

All the best, Mike

Hi Mike,
definitely, been a keyboard junkie since the 80's.  Just find the progress of the technology fascinating. Have a very indulgent husband 😀, though he's probably saved heaps over the years, as, I hate shopping  ( except for keyboards), worked it's cheaper to replace keyboard every 2 to 3 years , than buy a wardrobe full of new clothes every year. Haha.

Nowadays I figure why not. Might as well enjoy what ever time I have left looking forward to ," what's next?"   😃
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Danny1972

Quote from: rikkisbears on April 20, 2023, 01:54:11 AM
Hi Mike,
definitely, been a keyboard junkie since the 80's.  Just find the progress of the technology fascinating. Have a very indulgent husband 😀, though he's probably saved heaps over the years, as, I hate shopping  ( except for keyboards), worked it's cheaper to replace keyboard every 2 to 3 years , than buy a wardrobe full of new clothes every year. Haha.

Nowadays I figure why not. Might as well enjoy what ever time I have left looking forward to ," what's next?"   😃

Rikki, as you know I am the same as you, I like the term keyboard junkie haha! I now have over 20 keyboards, I recently bought a Pa900 to complete my Korg collection, that is, the Korg keyboards that I either used to own and want back or to experience what I missed at the time and so getting them whilst I still can and at a good price. This same with Yamaha as well, I have all the Yamahas I want now as well. Having this many is quite beneficial as it also allows family members to experience arranger keyboards too including my children which I am hoping they will all eventually get into and therefore I will give them one each if that's the case, so there are benefits to this as well. It's wonderful to have such a great hobby :)

JohnS (Ugawoga)

Banter is good and gets people together 8)
Nice to have loads of opinions

Anything is better than watcing reality shows on tv 8)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

BogdanH

Quote from: Danny1972 on April 20, 2023, 03:00:29 AM
... I now have over 20 keyboards..
hahaha.. that makes you record holder, I guess. Makes me curious how your room looks  :)

hmm.. I definitely need a 2nd keyboard..  ::)

Bogdan

PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Danny1972

Quote from: BogdanH on April 20, 2023, 04:06:03 AM
hahaha.. that makes you record holder, I guess. Makes me curious how your room looks  :)

Bogdan

Haha! It's not too bad when most of them are in a keyboard bag, don't take up too much room. I have three keyboards on stands that I use every day (Genos, Pa5x & Event), and the rest are in keyboard bags, a few in my main room and the rest in the spare room. My dad has 3 of my keyboards at the moment so that helps a little. My sister is looking to use one too so that could be another one soon.

If you get a second keyboard I would recommend the Pa1000 or Pa700, both are great and would compliment your SX700 unless you would want another Yamaha. I think Korg's next step would be to replace the Pa1000/Pa700 but not sure when that would be and it's something I am really looking forward to because the new OS of the Pa5x is so good and so easy to use that I am finding it's becoming a bit easier to use that the Genos which I never thought would be the case but it is. The way the user banks work for styles now is so easy, no more .SETS to worry about and it's like using windows explorer now.

rikkisbears

Quote from: Danny1972 on April 20, 2023, 03:00:29 AM
Rikki, as you know I am the same as you, I like the term keyboard junkie haha! I now have over 20 keyboards,
Omg Danny, I knew you had quite a collection, didn't realise you had 20 wow.  I'm down to 2.  Even though hubby lets me buy new ones, I always to try and sell my old ones, keeps him happy 😀
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

rikkisbears

Quote from: BogdanH on April 20, 2023, 04:06:03 AM

Bogdan
You do Bogdan,  a Korg of some sort. Haha. Variety is the spice of life😀
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

BogdanH

Quote from: Danny1972 on April 20, 2023, 04:24:32 AM
If you get a second keyboard I would recommend the Pa1000 or Pa700, both are great and would compliment your SX700 unless you would want another Yamaha...
Currently I'm saving money, so anything can happen until I'm "ready".. but right now I'm flirting with idea to get Pa5X -to make a jump worth jumping, so to speak. Of course I would consider Pa1000 successor, but considering Korg current supply capability, I don't expect that to happen soon. Anyway, I'm trying to get the best I can and stop looking for a long while.

@rikkibears .. stop doing that -I'm already on fire  ::) :o  :-\ ;D

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Jeff Hollande

Hey Danny :

I own 3 high end pro guitars, a Marshall amp, many guitar sound accessories, a Tyros4 ( for my use one of the best arrangers ever made by Yamaha ), MAC and Win computers and last but not least : I ordered a brand new Korg synthesizer today.

Most people do not understand why an old man of 75, living in a small apartment, needs so many music toys and never seems to stop buying them ...  ;D

I have a lot of fun and ... I feel very happy I am crazy !

Keep well, my friend !

Best regards, JH

Danny1972

Quote from: Jeff Hollande on April 20, 2023, 08:12:46 AM
Hey Danny :

I own 3 high end pro guitars, a Marshall amp, many guitar sound accessories, a Tyros4 ( for my use one of the best arrangers ever made by Yamaha ), MAC and Win computers and last but not least : I ordered a brand new Korg synthesizer today.

Most people do not understand why an old man of 75, living in a small apartment, needs so many music toys and never seems to stop buying them ...  ;D

I have a lot of fun and ... I feel very happy I am crazy !

Keep well, my friend !

Best regards, JH

Hi Jeff,

And that's exactly what it's all about, to have fun, play music and enjoy yourself doing so. I know that if I didn't start a career in IT as a profession I would more than likely be playing music full time instead which I would have loved but IT was the path and I can't look back now. But having these instruments as a hobbyist instead is fantastic as well.

The T4 is a great instrument and when I finally managed to get my hands on one in the past, it did blow me away. It's one of the rare keyboards that had that affect on me, only a few have ever done and the T4 is one of them.

Congrats on your new Korg synth, that's fantastic, what did you get?

Jeff Hollande

Thanks Danny :

A small ( 61 n ) synth but a good addition ( I guess ) to my beloved TY4 : Korg Kross2 61.

Best wishes, JH

JohnS (Ugawoga)