Author Topic: Connect Genos to Computer  (Read 1285 times)

Offline rattley

Connect Genos to Computer
« on: August 03, 2023, 03:14:31 AM »
Howdy

Now that I have the time I've committed myself to learn and be a "style maker". I've never had my Genos connected to the internet. My media room isn't big enough to have my Genos nearer to my computer.  I don't think Genos has any wireless connections. What are my options?  Do they make any wireless type add ons that can connect the two?  I need to hear the actual Genos voices while I work.

Why am I picturing a 16ft MIDI cable??  I probably have one laying around somewhere if it comes to that. thanks  -charley

Offline iulistil2

Re: Connect Genos to Computer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 08:12:45 AM »
You need a USB B cable (from the printer) to connect to the computer, then you need to install the driver from the official Yamaha website. However, Genos also has wireless, but this is to receive the expansion packages from the manager.

Online Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 08:33:36 AM »
There are limits on how long USB cables can be, and probably limits on how long MIDI cables can be to get the maximum transfer results.
I know that my Roland UM-ONE  midi cable from keyboard to pc is only 1 metre long, and vaguely recall that it's the optimum length, but maybe someone with more technical knowledge can advise.

Please be careful connecting cables. Always connect and disconnect when power is off to both pc and keyboard.
I have bitter experience of ignoring that, wrecking my old Tyros in the process. Sudden power surges are circuit board killers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 11:23:57 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Drsun19

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 05:55:35 PM »
Good morning,
To connect the Genos to the PC, nothing could be simpler.
-Open "My Computer" on the PC.
- Connect the LAN cable (printer) to the PC.
- Simultaneously press "PLAYLIST" and the Genos ignition button.
- As soon as the YAMAHA logo appears on the screen, release everything.
-The Genos hard drive appears in "My Computer".
All you have to do is go to the Genos disk and navigate through the different sections (Voices, song, styles, registration....)

Christian

Thank you! This is very interesting and useful, I will use this method to organise my stuff.

Edit 2023-08-03 by overover: Uppercase text changed to normal case
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 09:12:06 PM by overover »
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

The following users thanked this post: colas musique

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 07:48:44 PM »
Wi fi to transfer packs
Also if using Computer to Another screen for music sheet reading in front of your Genos
Best for use with Cubase for editing, Styleworks  and everything ---Sky is the limit. :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox