Author Topic: Best way to carry my Genos in my Laptop  (Read 959 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Best way to carry my Genos in my Laptop
« on: April 05, 2023, 03:26:04 PM »
Hi.

I know it is not possible to exactly replicate Genos and carry it in a laptop (or an ipad), but which combination of software and midi keyboard can replicate and reproduce the sounds of Genos, using its styles and sounds, to nearest acceptable levels.

The purpose is not musical recording or music creation but live performance in a group for self consumption

If reproduction of same Genos sounds and styles is not possible, which stand-alone setup of any hardware and software is the best one for live performance with a small midi keyboard.

Regards

Anand

Offline Drsun19

Re: Best way to carry my Genos in my Laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 04:52:25 PM »
To do this i suggest to sample the sounds you want to use directly from Genos to .sf2 Format, in which by using Cool Soft Virtual MidiSynth you can use the .sf2 library with your midi songs or even you can save your samples in .nki so you can use your sounds with Kontakt and a midi controller.

There are some .sf2 libraries out there with sounds from Tyros and other keyboards so the midi files sound better than the Windows standard.

I hope this helps.

I have sampled some sounds for my personal use because i often create midi files and some sounds i.e. (latin kit) are not GM mapped, Most of the times i don't have my keyboard with me so i use these sampled sounds as a guide because i know how they will sound whent exporting the midi file to my Genos.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.