Author Topic: Playlist for GenosV2SuperiorPack Not Appropiate Message  (Read 1351 times)

Bonnie 1957

Playlist for GenosV2SuperiorPack Not Appropiate Message
« on: April 05, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
I am hoping someone can help solve this issue.  I installed 'Playlist for Genos' and all the songs loaded and played fine.  When I installed the 'PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack' the songs are listed, the registrations are there for each song but songs won't load when I hit the load button.

Believe me, I have spent two days trying and read the instructions clearly. What I find is that the last line of the download instructions stating, "Preset -> User -> USB -> PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack -> Playlist file"  The last part, PLaylist file" doesn't ever come up.  I go to the Registration Bank area and go to the PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack Bank where the songs are listed.  When I choose a song and press Load, the message reads "No File Found or File is Inappropriate"   

I have read many forum topics and did find one interesting one about the folder nees to include the tsv playlist file which it does.

At this point, I just don't know what to do after trying so many times.

Any help is appreciated,
Bonnie

'

Offline overover

Re: Playlist for GenosV2SuperiorPack Not Appropiate Message
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 02:29:25 PM »
Hi Bonnie,

It is important that the USB stick with the playlist folder(s) is displayed as USB1 on the Genos. This is ensured if it is the only connected USB stick. If you have installed another USB stick in the compartment on the underside of the Genos, this can lead to problems, since when two USB sticks are connected at the same time, it is not specified when Genos starts which of the two sticks is recognized as USB1.

Please make sure (on the computer) that the unzipped folder "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" is located directly in the root directory of the USB stick. This folder must not be renamed, and it must not be located in another folder.

Sometimes it can happen that when extracting a zip file, an additional folder (with the name of the zip file) is created. Therefore, check carefully whether the main folder "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" on the USB stick does not contain a subfolder of the same name (which then finally contains the files). In this case you would have to move the subfolder to the root directory and overwrite the other folder with the same name.

The "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder (extracted from the zip file originally downloaded from the Genos download site) contains 50 Registration Bank files (.rgt) and 1 Playlist file (.tsv).

To load the .rgt files directly, use the Registration Bank Selection display (press the "Regist Bank -" and "Regist Bank +" buttons simultaneously).

To load a .tsv Playlist file, open the Playlist display (press the "Playlist" button) and then touch the name of the currently loaded Playlist file to open the Playlist File Selection display. There you navigate to "User > USB1" and then into the "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder. The corresponding Playlist file should be displayed there and you can load it. If you have followed the above instructions, the individual Playlist entries (called "Records") should now call up the relevant Registrations correctly.

By the way, you can move and/or rename the .tsv Playlist files as you wish. You could (on the computer) e.g. create an additional folder "Playlist files" into which you copy all .tsv files from the individual Playlist folders. (The "PlaylistForGenos" contains 15 .tsv files, i.e. one in each of the 15 category folders.) Then you don't always have to switch to different folders to change the playlists in the Playlist File Selection display, but go to the "Playlist files" folder. and you can call up all playlists from there.

P.S.
The .tsv file provided by Stijn in your previous thread can of course only be used if you want to use the "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" in the USER drive. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 02:35:53 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Bonnie 1957

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 07:03:38 PM »
My goodness, Chris, your reply was thorough.  Thank you for taking the time to do so.  Yes, I did make sure that there was only one usb drive inserted and that the USB1 was selected.   What is interesting in your reply is the part about a sub folder because I might have forgotten to include in my original post that when I select the PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack folder while in the registration bank, it repeats the same name, PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack AGAIN.  So it reads, PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack/PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack and then when I push the long white playlist button the song names appear as they should.

So I going to read your instructions very carefully and try to see if there was a sub folder issue along with navigating to the registration bank your way. 

I really appreciate these tips. 
Bonnie

PS…..will update you

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 08:01:05 PM »
My goodness, Chris, your reply was thorough.  Thank you for taking the time to do so.  Yes, I did make sure that there was only one usb drive inserted and that the USB1 was selected.   What is interesting in your reply is the part about a sub folder because I might have forgotten to include in my original post that when I select the PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack folder while in the registration bank, it repeats the same name, PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack AGAIN.  So it reads, PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack/PlaylistforGenosV2SuperiorPack and then when I push the long white playlist button the song names appear as they should.

So I going to read your instructions very carefully and try to see if there was a sub folder issue along with navigating to the registration bank your way. 

I really appreciate these tips. 
Bonnie

PS…..will update you

Thanks for your feedback, Bonnie!

Yes, if you have two folders with the same name on the USB stick, i.e. "folder within folder", it is the "error" I described earlier when extracting the zip file. You can easily fix this on your computer by dragging the subfolder of the same name directly onto the USB stick icon. This automatically replaces the main folder with the other folder (including its contents).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Bonnie 1957

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 09:59:53 PM »
OH MY GOSH!!!   Are you kidding me?   Chris, you are a Genos Genius!

I cannot believe it was that easy.  You have no idea how long I have tried and tried for two days!

Followed your instructions and first time ….BAM!    All loaded and playing fine.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!     

Bonnie

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 10:13:21 PM »
OH MY GOSH!!!   Are you kidding me?   Chris, you are a Genos Genius!

I cannot believe it was that easy.  You have no idea how long I have tried and tried for two days!

Followed your instructions and first time ….BAM!    All loaded and playing fine.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!     

Bonnie

You are welcome, Bonnie!

Thanks for your kind feedback. I'm glad to could help you. :)

All the best from Germany,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: Musky