Author Topic: Genos & Magix Music Maker  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Des O

Genos & Magix Music Maker
« on: April 05, 2023, 11:17:28 AM »
I have an old version of Magix Music maker, recently I have discovered it now has been significantly improve up to daw standard. I want to record my Genos (song) into magix and then add other tracks from magix to complement the song.
Does anyone know if I can record the keyboard sounds/instruments/drums etc as I play in midi direct into magix from Genos? How would I add Genos instrument templates ect?

Maybe would I need to record in midi on genos then transfer over the track into Magix then add? The specs say it can import MIDI standard formats (GM, GS, XG) in Magix. I am asking as It is on offer at £24 for premium at the moment and I found it very easy to use and simple and was the first early DAW's I used.
Casper Tutorsynth did this kind of instruction for Cakewalk so just wondering if it is possible for Magix, also there is a free version if anyone is interested on their website, tons of samples soundpools etc and you can add third party VST's, and also add videos, which makes it my ideal DAW if only the above can be done, I cannot find anyone on Youtube who has done this yet using the keyboards own instrument set, workstation, synth, etc.

Offline RoyB

Re: Genos & Magix Music Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 04:09:13 PM »
Hello Des,

I have looked at both Magix Music Maker, and its big brother Samplitude, in the past couple of years. Unfortunately, I understand that neither supports instrument definition files for external MIDI instruments. In Samplitude, you can only use a set of basic GM patches that come hard-coded in the software (I don't know about whether these exist in Music Maker).

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

The following users thanked this post: Des O

Offline Des O

Re: Genos & Magix Music Maker
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 06:28:46 PM »
Hello Des,

I have looked at both Magix Music Maker, and its big brother Samplitude, in the past couple of years. Unfortunately, I understand that neither supports instrument definition files for external MIDI instruments. In Samplitude, you can only use a set of basic GM patches that come hard-coded in the software (I don't know about whether these exist in Music Maker).

Regards

Roy

Thanks Roy, Looks like I may have to get my head around Cakewalk.