Author Topic: pad does not load together with style  (Read 1595 times)

Offline dupakos

pad does not load together with style
« on: April 03, 2023, 03:21:36 PM »
Hello friends
I save the pads i prefer to the styles I want to ,,,but
the pads does not load together with the styles ?!?
I mean that when I load a style the pad does not change !?!
How can I fix this ?
Apologize for my English
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:23:16 PM by dupakos »

Offline BogdanH

Re: pad does not load together with style
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 03:35:44 PM »
Pad is a separate file and is not connected to style (style file does not contain pad info). The only way is, you load pad separately or you save style+pad in registration.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:21:40 PM »
dupakos,

The only way I know of to connect a pad to a style is with registrations. I use this method and it works fine.

Rick D.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 04:45:50 PM »
Hello friends
I save the pads i prefer to the styles I want to ,,,but
the pads does not load together with the styles ?!?
I mean that when I load a style the pad does not change !?!
How can I fix this ?
Apologize for my English

Hi dupakos,

The current Multi Pad Bank is also always automatically saved in the OTS (One Touch Settings) if you memorize your own settings on the OTS buttons.

So if you don't use/want to use Registrations, you would have to do the following:

1. Load the desired Style.

2. Make the desired Voice settings for the keyboard parts (Right 1 - 3, Left), e.g. by pressing an OTS button.

3. Load the desired Multi Pad Bank.

4. Press the MEMORY button and then the OTS button on which you want to memorize the current settings.

5. If necessary, repeat steps 2 - 4 for the other OTS buttons.

6. Call up the Style Selection display and save the Style (in the User drive or on a USB stick).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:36:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, BogdanH, dupakos

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 06:07:22 PM »
Chris, wow.. didn't know that!
-yes, and I'm recommending others to read manual  ::)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: overover

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 06:26:03 PM »
Chris should be called "Genopedia"  :D

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

The following users thanked this post: overover, wersianer

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 08:33:33 PM »
Chris is a huge asset to this group, he knows Yamaha keyboards inside and out.

Thanks for all your help over the years Chris, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: overover, wersianer

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 10:11:31 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Bogdan, Angelo and Rick! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline dupakos

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 12:40:26 PM »
Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Chris
this was really the solution, thank you very much  :D

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 02:53:16 PM »
this was really the solution, thank you very much  :D

You're welcome, dupakos! I'm glad to could help you. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline fischnek

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 05:26:09 PM »
Hello,
thank you, I learned a lot from the description. The OTS does a great job with multipads.
However, I have one more question:
I would like the multipads to start (by themselves) synchronized to the rhythm at, say, the 3rd variation of a style, but ONLY at the 3rd variation. If I switch to another, they stop. And all this without having to use a registration button. Because I switch up/down in the style variations with the footswitches, and the voices are set with OTS. So I don't have to press buttons all over the place when I want to switch, both hands are free. So: can this work without registration?

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2023, 06:38:01 PM »
Hello,
thank you, I learned a lot from the description. The OTS does a great job with multipads.
However, I have one more question:
I would like the multipads to start (by themselves) synchronized to the rhythm at, say, the 3rd variation of a style, but ONLY at the 3rd variation. If I switch to another, they stop. And all this without having to use a registration button. Because I switch up/down in the style variations with the footswitches, and the voices are set with OTS. So I don't have to press buttons all over the place when I want to switch, both hands are free. So: can this work without registration?

Hi fischnek,

As often mentioned: With OTS you basically have far fewer options than with Registrations, among other things, only significantly fewer parameters can be memorized in OTS than in registrations.

With OTS you can only load a specific Multi Pad Bank file. The MultiPad SyncStart (when playing the next chord) can only be saved in Registrations. By the way, Multi Pads always keep running when switching to another registration. In order to stop a Multi Pad via registration (when playing the next chord), you have to work with so-called "Stop Pads", which mute the desired pad(s).

With the Registration Sequence function you can switch the registrations of a bank (or several banks) in a previously defined order using a Pedal. In addition to the keyboard voices, each individual registration can also call up certain style sections (e.g. #1 Intro2 & MainA > #2 Fill & MainB > #3 Fill & MainC > #4 Ending1). Again, Registrations have a big advantage over switching the Main Variations with OTS LINK activated.

I don't think we need to go into further detail here. If you hit certain limits with OTS, just use registrations.

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: fischnek, dupakos