Author Topic: Alto Sax Joystick problem  (Read 1211 times)

Offline sunny

Alto Sax Joystick problem
« on: April 02, 2023, 07:19:19 PM »
Friends,

The Alto Sax when played normally without touching Joystick , the modulation effect is nice, but for pitch bend sake when i touch the joystick and remove my hand on joystick, immediately modulation effect completely goes off.

Secondly, The modulation hold button settings are not saved in the Registrations. Is there any solution ?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 06:00:37 AM by sunny »

Offline ugawoga

Re: Alto Sax Joystick problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 09:46:37 PM »
Friends,

The Alto Sax when played normally without using Joystick , the modulation effect is nice, but when i touch the joystick and remove my hand on joystick, the modulation effect goes off.

Secondly, The modulation hold button settings are not saved in the Registrations. Is there any solution ?

Thanks,
Sunny

NEVER HAVE SAX WITHOUT A JOYSTICK ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 10:57:55 PM »
Ha ha John :)  :) ;)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline sunny

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 03:48:43 AM »
NEVER HAVE SAX WITHOUT A JOYSTICK ;D

That means i should not remove my hand on Joystick to play Altosax ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 04:46:33 AM by sunny »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 08:40:53 AM »
Hi Sunny

I never liked using the stick for bending the sax on Genos. Sounds unreal to me.
 i just use the effect on the keys by holding one and play another note to emphasise.Takes a bit of practice though to get right.
Also you can use the footpedal for articulations. My half penny worth.

All the Best
John :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 08:46:24 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 10:50:38 PM »
If you feel you must use the JStick to bend the sax make sure you go accurately in Left and Right directions to executer the bends. If you move the JS vertically it changes the modulation and once that is done the vibrato is "killed" giving a very boring sound lacking in expression. All SA2 voices appear to have had this "feature". The SA2 saxes are designed to articulate somewhat depending on how you play them and some of them perform a slight  bend if you delay the timing of certain notes slightly when soloing. Difficult to give precise instructions but you need to experiment and see what can be achieved.
John