Author Topic: Recording with backing track on Genos  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Hennry

Recording with backing track on Genos
« on: April 01, 2023, 02:40:53 PM »
Can I play along with a backing track imported to “song” and record both as one file?

Offline pjd

Re: Recording with backing track on Genos
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 06:03:53 PM »
Hi --

Welcome to the forum!

I recommend reading about Audio Multi Recording, Chapter 6 in the Genos Reference Manual. You can play an audio track and record a separate subtrack at the same time. Then, if you're happy with the subtrack, perform a mix down.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline Hennry

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 11:07:23 PM »
Thanks a lot for that. I’ve had a read, as you suggested and I think I get the drift. If I manage to do it then I can add the finished project for members to hear. That is, if I’m allowed to do so when the song is not entirely my own.

The following users thanked this post: ibrox2

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 11:29:09 PM »
Can I play along with a backing track imported to “song” and record both as one file?

Hi Hennry,

Yes, you can do this in MIDI Multi Recording. Please refer to the Genos Reference Manual. If you don't have this Manual you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

You can specify a target channel for each keyboard part (e.g. Right 1). Then, while the other channels are playing, you can record the desired keyboard part(s) onto the target channel(s).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 11:30:44 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)