Author Topic: Multi Pad Volume  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

Multi Pad Volume
« on: March 31, 2023, 07:45:50 PM »
All I want to do is increase a multipad volume. I am having trouble understanding the videos....especially the one with no talking. Would someone please just step me through it. Shouldn't be this hard but to me it is. Thank you.
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline Stijn

Re: Multi Pad Volume
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 01:20:08 PM »
If you mean the overall MultiPad volume:
- use the Slider Assign button (mode B) to adjust the M.Pad volume,  see operator manual p. 27
or
- change the volume in the Mixer, see p. 86 - Call up the Mixer display via [MENU]  [Mixer]

I you want to change the volume of one particular multi pad in a set then you should follow these instructions on using the MultiPad Creator:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ubgn3u494w44b/Volume%20edit%20of%20Multi%20Pads.pdf?dl=0

Stijn
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 03:30:44 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 01:43:21 PM »
Hi Ken,

As Stijn mentioned you can raise the volume with the slider, but I find sometimes the volume isn't loud enough at 127, so I have to go in and lower the style and the other voices to match the Multipad, and then raise the main volume level to where I need it. It works ok, but we should be able to edit the Multi Pad like a voice and raise the output even more. I use mine mostly for vocals.

Rick D.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 02:32:55 PM »
Hi Ken,

As Stijn mentioned you can raise the volume with the slider, but I find sometimes the volume isn't loud enough at 127, so I have to go in and lower the style and the other voices to match the Multipad, and then raise the main volume level to where I need it. It works ok, but we should be able to edit the Multi Pad like a voice and raise the output even more. I use mine mostly for vocals.

Rick D.

You can edit the Multipad. That’s what the Multipad creator is for.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 06:14:21 PM »
Fred,

You are correct, but I have not found a way to raise the volume on a Multipad created from a WAV file for vocals.
If you think it can be done in MP Creator, I would like to know how.

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 09:07:33 PM »
You are correct, but I have not found a way to raise the volume on a Multipad created from a WAV file for vocals.
If you think it can be done in MP Creator, I would like to know how.

I didn't know you were talking about audio multipads.

A program like Audacity should be able to do it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2023, 10:29:04 PM »
Fred,

I don't think Ken was talking about audio MP's. I was just curious if anyone has been able to raise the volume with an Audio MP.

I use Audacity, but have yet to figure out how to increase the volume and retain it by saving it.

Thanks,

Rick D.

Offline pegwill

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 07:18:25 AM »
Hi Rick

In Audacity I think you need to go into 'Effect' then 'Volume and Compression' then 'Normalise' I just use the default setting. That way every .wav file is at the same volume. You should be able to adjust the settings here to get the volume you want. You then just save the file as .wav by 'Exporting'

I find the default setting increases the volume. Having all the volumes the same level is very useful as there is no adjustment needed from one song to another, everything at the same level.

Hope this helps

Regards

Pegwill

Offline Stijn

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »
To edit the volume of an Audio Multi Pad on Genos:

- select the MP
- tap Menu
- tap Audio Link Multi Pad
- adjust the Audio Level

Adjusting the volume in Audacity:

- open the WAV file used for the Audio Multi Pad
- select Menu / Effect / Amplify
- change the value in the Amplification box or drag the arrow to increase or decrease
- tap Preview to listen
- press OK to accept
- File / Export / Export as WAV

(PS: if only part of the audio needs to be adjusted, drag the mouse over the audio)

Stijn
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 09:51:08 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 10:59:22 AM »
Pegwill and Stijn,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I will try both methods and see what gives me the best result.

Thank again,

Rick D.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 12:32:32 PM »
Update on my findings. I was already at maximum volume in Multipad Creator on the Genos, so I opened the WAV in Audacity, but I wasn't able to raise the volume without checking the "Allow Clipping" box. This resulted in too much clipping until I reduced the amplification down to the same value it was before. Guess I will just have to be happy with lowering the Style and voice volumes to match the Multipad.

Thanks, for the help,

Rick D.