Author Topic: Altering styles  (Read 1030 times)

Offline micktheplumber

Altering styles
« on: March 30, 2023, 03:26:42 PM »
Hi i have been trying to alter parts in a style ,bass was to loud drums to quite,i used
the mixer, first checkin the parts i wished to adjust turned down bass upped drums whent out and saved in registration ,back to play but changes had not been made, so did it all again and saved to style same thing happened, so am i not doing this correctly or am i
not making the changes in the right way ,thank you for any help.
Mick

Offline DrakeM

Re: Altering styles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »
Hi Mick

You probably in most cases will be fine just setting up the style. First learn how to change the style to your liking. Don’t mess with a registration just yet.

Your mistake was you did not enter into the Style Creator FIRST.

Then you can press the MIXING CONSOLE button and make you adjustments to the drums and bass.

Then save the style with a NEW NAME (to a USB stick) as you exit out of the style.

When or if you get a newer Yamaha keyboard later, all your adjusted styles will work perfectly in your next keyboard.

Drake

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 04:55:55 PM »
Mick
The thing you have o gras[p is that when you save things to a registration you are not changing the style. Just settings. So it will always revert to its original form. As Drake says you can only change a style in the style creator, and then you have to save the altered style as a completely new additional style in your user area. And to do this it needs a new name otherwise the machine just keeps selecting the original preset style with that name.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: ragrepesa, micktheplumber

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 06:55:59 PM »
thank you for both replies  did nit know about tha style creator only had the Genos a week
got tomorrows project now ,thank you both very much.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 07:58:26 PM »
The changes you made should have saved in the registration without having to use the style creator.

When you press the button to store the settings in a registration slot, make sure you tick the right boxes. Then make sure you save the registration bank itself.

If you do decide to use the style creator, to bring up the mixing console press direct then the physical style section button (A, B, C, D etc)
Genos

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber