Author Topic: registration with styles in ?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline micktheplumber

registration with styles in ?
« on: March 29, 2023, 02:42:39 PM »
Hi there was quite a bit of registrations and styles put on this keyboard,having looked at a few of the registrations usingo reg info button and there are different styles most labeled to suggest a song title ,can i get these styles out of thr registration and into a styles file of my own making ,and can i re-name the folders that styles or registrations are kept in.
thank you for any help.
Mick

Offline Stijn

Re: registration with styles in ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 04:19:19 PM »
Registrations don't contain anything.
A registration only uses references to Styles, MultiPads, Songs etc.  They just point to where the part is stored, like road signs.

So, when you activate a button on the registration bank, and you tap on the Style window on the display (or press the Style button), it will open the folder where the Style is stored. Here you can choose to 'save' the Style (see File) to your own folders (i.e. copied), on the USER or USB drive.....

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 11:43:12 PM »
Hi there was quite a bit of registrations and styles put on this keyboard,having looked at a few of the registrations usingo reg info button and there are different styles most labeled to suggest a song title ,can i get these styles out of thr registration and into a styles file of my own making ,and can i re-name the folders that styles or registrations are kept in.
thank you for any help.
Mick

Hi Mick,

If I understand you correctly, you have received a Genos on which various Registration Bank files and Styles (= Style files) are already stored in different folders in the User drive. As mentioned by Stijn, registrations only contain links to the files (e.g. Styles, Multi Pads, MIDI songs) that are called up via the registration in question.

You can rename or move registration bank files (.rgt) (or the folders/subfolders containing registration files) as you like. The registrations will always work.

If a Preset Style or Preset Multi Pad is called up by a registration (which you have to check separately for each individual registration in all registration banks), there is also never a problem, because Preset content such as Styles/Multi Pads cannot be renamed, moved or deleted due to the system.

However, if User Styles, User Multi Pads, MIDI files and/or Text files are used (linked) in registrations, these User files and the folders/subfolders in which these User files are stored may NOT be subsequently moved. Otherwise the registrations can no longer find/call up the linked files. You would then have to change all affected registrations, i.e. manually load the desired styles etc., save each registration changed back to the same Reg button and then save the registration bank file again. Alternatively, you can change the file paths in the registration banks on the PC with Murray Best's "Yamaha Registration Manager" (if necessary also in Batch mode, i.e. for all Registration Banks at once).

If you have further questions after these detailed instructions, please contact us here again.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 11:46:51 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: micktheplumber

Offline micktheplumber

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 09:23:31 AM »
thank you both ,understand now.