PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

memory in PSR S970

(1/3) > >>

Denn:
I have just bought a new PSR S970. I downloaded the Yamaha entertainer pack and installed the bits that I wanted. Now I don't seem to have any room in my User group. I wanted to install my registrations and styles in the user section so that I could link them and play out with no bother.
Question, how do I remove the bits that I don't want from the user group to make room for my registrations?
Maybe I will have to rely on using a USB stick?
Next, How do I determine how much memory I have in the user section?
Also, when I installed the pack it cleared all the registrations that I had put into the user section. (sad).
Kind regards, Denn.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Denn on March 28, 2023, 08:30:11 AM ---I have just bought a new PSR S970. I downloaded the Yamaha entertainer pack and installed the bits that I wanted. Now I don't seem to have any room in my User group. I wanted to install my registrations and styles in the user section so that I could link them and play out with no bother.
Question, how do I remove the bits that I don't want from the user group to make room for my registrations?
Also, when I installed the pack it cleared all the registrations that I had put into the user section. (sad).
Kind regards, Denn.

--- End quote ---

How did you "install" the bits?

Normal installation will not delete any files from the drive. Are you sure you’re accessing the registrations properly?

Cheers,
Fred

overover:

--- Quote from: Denn on March 28, 2023, 08:30:11 AM ---I have just bought a new PSR S970. I downloaded the Yamaha entertainer pack and installed the bits that I wanted. Now I don't seem to have any room in my User group. I wanted to install my registrations and styles in the user section so that I could link them and play out with no bother.
Kind regards, Denn.

--- End quote ---

Hi Denn,

Unfortunately, even after reading your request several times, I don't know exactly what your problems are. So here are some general tips:

The internal flash memory, in which the User drive (and also the "Expansion" folder) is located, is relatively small on the S970 (only about 13 MB). It is therefore not recommended to store many Styles and/or MIDI files in the User drive (except a few very small files like Registration Bank files, Multi Pad Bank files and/or User Voice files). A USB stick should be used as the main storage medium for your own files with the S970. If you have saved too many of your own files in the User drive, there may not be enough space in the "Expansion" folder for the styles, registrations and multi pads etc. of the expansion packs to be installed.

Regarding Expansion Packs:
Installing a pack directly onto the S970 (with the associated .cpi/.ppi Pack Install file) will erase all previously installed expansion content. In order to combine the contents of several packs, the Expansion Manager (YEM) must be used. So all desired packs (.cpf/.ppf files) must be imported into the YEM, and before saving your own Pack Install file (.cpi/.ppi) on the USB stick, make sure that all expansion content that is to be installed on the keyboard are actually selected in the YEM (green tick for all desired packs/contents).

Note: When running the Pack Install function on the S970, the previous contents of the "Expansion" folder in the User drive are always overwritten, but files in the User drive that are outside the Expansion folder are never deleted.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Denn:
Answer to Fred. When installing the pack I ticked only the voices and styles that I wanted, those are the "bits". When I installed some packs on my T4 I "mixed and matched", I selected only the voices and styles that I wanted from about 4 packs. That was ten years ago and my memory is starting to fail.
Now with the S970 it seems that I have to use a USB stick for my registrations and styles.
On my T4 I set up a registration and style. I then name the registration to the name of the song. Also name the style to the name of the song. They are then linked on my hard drive. No problems. I am concerned that if I have to use a USB on my 970 then the registrations and styles may lose the link when I unplug the USB. This would be a disaster when playing out. Can't leave the USB in place as it may get broken, not a lot of space at the back of the 970.
Next question. How do I remove the pack that I have now installed on my 970?
Kind regards, Denn.

Denn:
Disaster with my S970. Sat for 2 days putting all my registrations that I wanted for playing out at the restaurant. Set up two folders on a 16Gb flash drive, one for named registrations and one for named styles. Played them at home and everything seemed fine. Of course, I could not leave the USB in the back of the keyboard as it sticks out too far. Unplugged it and away; I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Get to the venue, set up and disaster! None of the registrations worked. No pedals, no named styles linked and worst of all the voices were wrong with quite a few as they were custom voices.
The only way I can see out of this is to make up the registrations and styles in the User section. There is only 13Mb of storage in the user but with registrations being only 25kb and styles being 2Kb or 3 Kb then I should be able to get my evening program set. Just concerned about the voice setup.
I am not sure about this but I have to go out again tomorrow night. Hope that luck lasts.
Regards, Denn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version