Author Topic: Aftertouch  (Read 1428 times)

Aftertouch
« on: March 28, 2023, 06:01:43 AM »
Hi everyone i was curious. Can aftertaouch be added to the sx700-sx900 or is it hardware chip. i was just curious.

Edit: Topic title edited by Roger Brenizer
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:26:29 PM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline overover

Re: Aftertouch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 07:19:26 AM »
Hi Keyboard Master,

The Organ (FSB) type keyboard of PSR-SX900/700, like the Organ Standard type keyboard of the PSR-S models, is not aftertouch-capable. This functionality is a hardware property, so it cannot be upgraded via a software update, so it is reserved for the FSX type keyboards of Genos and Tyros models.

However, the MIDI sound generation of PSR-S and SX models can recognize aftertouch messages (see e.g. the "MIDI Implementation Chart" in the SX900/700 Data List). So you could connect an external, aftertouch-capable keyboard via MIDI to an SX900/700.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:17:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 07:56:25 PM »
Cool. Good to know.

Edit 2023-03-29 by overover: Title edited
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:19:59 PM by overover »

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 08:10:48 AM »
Hey back on this topic again. Another question I’m curious about. In MixMaster I inserted aftertouch/pressure command in one of the style channels and then on my Psr s770 I didn’t notice any difference BUT in song creator I noticed a slight change in tone of the Brass on the channel I first recorded a quick intro and ending of my style then added the commands in song creator then I noticed a slight difference. When I went into song creator the aftertouch and pressure control appears in the edit portion but not in style creator. Not sure if this is only available for styles on the flagships only. I just want some advice.