Author Topic: Style File Extension  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Nova227

Style File Extension
« on: March 27, 2023, 02:39:56 PM »

Going through my style collection I found a number of extensions called :

Microsoft Serialized Certificate Store (.sst)

The styles play as you would expect. What is this file extension ?

Thanks Nova227

Offline overover

Re: Style File Extension
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 05:10:15 PM »
Hi Nova227,

.sst means Session Style.

Here is a list of the Style file extensions used by Yamaha:
.sty .STY = Standard Style
.bcs .BCS = Basic Style
.prs .PRS = Pro Style
.sst .SST = Session Style
.fps .FPS = Free Play Style
.aus .AUS = +Audio Style
.pst .PST = Pianist Style
.pcs .PCS = Piano Combo Style
.scp .SCP = DJ Style

By the way, the ".sst" file extension, as you've already noticed, is used by Windows for other purposes. You can just ignore this. If you want to open style files (e.g. .sst) in Windows by double-clicking in a specific program, simply right-click on the relevant style file, select "Open with..." and then the desired program/app. It is important that the check mark "Always use this app" (or similar) is set. I have linked all style file types with the vanBasco player in order to be able to quickly listen to the pure MIDI data of styles.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Nova227

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 07:25:05 PM »

Thanks
Nova227

Offline fado1974

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 08:17:39 AM »
 :'( Hi all,
I jest need to know the file extension for YAMAHA PSR-A5000 "for styles and voices" can be imported to YAMAHA EXPANSION MANAGER then can be combined as a new PACK.

thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 02:01:07 PM »
:'( Hi all,
I jest need to know the file extension for YAMAHA PSR-A5000 "for styles and voices" can be imported to YAMAHA EXPANSION MANAGER then can be combined as a new PACK.

thanks

Hi fado1974,

You can use the “Import Content” function to import styles with all common style file extensions into a self-created/new pack. (See also the attached screenshot.)

By the way, as you probably know, styles don't have to be in expansion packs, but can be played directly (from the internal User drive or USB stick). But you can also import styles into expansion packs. This is especially done when the Styles use Custom Voices from a specific pack. This ensures that the styles always work with this pack, regardless of which LSB the pack is currently assigned to.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)