Author Topic: Pasting Styles to user drive  (Read 1081 times)

Offline adrianed

Pasting Styles to user drive
« on: March 26, 2023, 01:32:04 AM »
Hi folks, when I tried to copy and paste Styles to my user drive I got this message

Audio styles can’t be moved to external media, are you sure you want to continue,

I didn’t want to push my luck before asking about this.
I have my registrations stored on the user drive so I wanted to put the styles I use for those registrations on the same drive
I wasn’t putting the styles on an external drive was I ??
What is the meaning of this message in practical terms ie what will happen if I do put the styles on this user drive
Adrian

Offline keyplayer

Re: Pasting Styles to user drive
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 12:39:18 PM »
Hi Adrian, it is quite simply as the message says - audio styles can't be moved outside of the preset styles location. I had the same message several years ago when I had a Tyros 5. That meant you couldn't edit them and save them as a new style although I think you could save volume changes of each part and store in a registration. Some nice styles tho'.
Pam

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 02:48:06 PM »
Hi folks, when I tried to copy and paste Styles to my user drive I got this message

Audio styles can’t be moved to external media, are you sure you want to continue,

I didn’t want to push my luck before asking about this.
I have my registrations stored on the user drive so I wanted to put the styles I use for those registrations on the same drive ...

Hi Adrian,

As the message says, the Tyros5's internal +Audio styles cannot be copied to EXTERNAL media. This means the internal hard drive (HD1) and USB sticks.

However, the +Audio styles CAN be copied to the internal User drive. I did this on my T5 to have quick access to all internal +Audio styles. By the way, the internal flash memory in which the User drive is located is only 6.7 MB on the T5. Even a single +Audio style is already much larger. The fact that you can still copy the internal +Audio styles to the T5's User drive is because only the MIDI data of the styles is actually copied to the User drive, but not the associated Audio drum track. I.e. the copied styles in the T5 User drive use the original Audio data of the Preset +Audio styles concerned.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 02:21:05 AM »
Thankyou Pam and Chris,
Most of the Styles I use for registrations are the styles made by individual players, I bought most of them from this site
When I used the Tyros 2 it was said that the User drive was small so right up to last week I didn't use it for anything
Last week I read a post with players saying that they store registrations on the User drive and because the location of styles used on these registrations must not be moved or the instrument will not be able to find them I was going to store both Reg and Sty on the same drive.
So time to rethink, being as they are now still on the internal hard drive  perhaps I should just leave them there
Thanks again,
Adrian
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 02:22:55 AM by adrianed »