Author Topic: External 2channel mixer  (Read 912 times)

Offline mhack

External 2channel mixer
« on: March 24, 2023, 05:13:57 PM »
Any recommendation's for external 2 channel mic mixer?
Thanks
Mike

Offline pjd

Re: External 2channel mixer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 05:51:06 PM »
Yamaha MG06? If you want a little more capability and versatility, I'm using a Yamaha AG06. It is pretty much a Steinberg audio interface in a 2-channel, small mixer format.

-- pj

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/steinberg-wavelab-cast-bundle/

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:53:14 PM »
Depends what order you want to route; if you want to route the mics into your PSR, then I'd get an MG06x (no x means no reverb, which is kinda necessary for singing but not for talking)l or a Mackie Profx8; any small mixer with 2 xlr inputs and fx will work. But as Paul suggested, the AG06 (now mk2) is a great choice because it's got 2 mic inputs *and* fx *and* a built in 2 channel interface, as does the Yamaha MG10xu, but that has 4 mic inputs.

However, if you want to route *into* the mixer, and add the mics in parallel to your keyboard (as opposed to into your keyboard) then skies the limit, although you'll then need to invest in live pa speakers as well. But in that case, you'll want more channels rather than fewer. Again if the mics are used for singing, you'll want the version (whatever mixer you get) with an effects processor. The AG06 mk2 would be especially useful here as you could record everything into your pc via USB. An MG10xu would also work, but might be larger than you want.

Mark

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 02:21:24 AM »
I'd go one step further and recommend the Allen & Heath ZED10FX. It has 4 mic channels (you never know when you need more) and 2 stereo channels (for the keys and other stereo sources), as well as an FX section. I use that one and the big brother ZED60-14FX all the time, great mixers. One advantage over the other mixers is that the power supply is built in, no need to carry an adapter.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 04:05:40 AM »
Hi —

I’ve used Allen & Heath (ZED FX) and their gear is top notch.

— pj

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 12:33:12 PM »
hi Mike,
Only you know what your future plans are, but for what you're asking, I agree with pjd recommending Yamaha AG06 (Mk2): is very well built, allows you to connect 2nd keyboard (if needed in future), is reasonable small, has audio interface built in and at "acceptable" price.
Of course there are a lot of choices (cheaper and more expensive) and even mixer is considered as long term buying, don't pay for something you will maybe need after 10+ years.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline mhack

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 03:31:31 PM »
Thanks for all the advice! I am connecting two Shure SM58S mics for recording my songs and will be making a Christmas CD with my granddaughter. I will provide Harmony for some of them. I do not perform anywhere. I just do recordings. No big speaker system. I believe I will purchase the Yamaha MGO6x. Once I figure how to hook it up, Looks easy enough. Thanks again!
Mike