« on: March 24, 2023, 01:58:07 PM »

What’s is the purpose of  Like ! 
What’s it suppose to mean .

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Like
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 02:13:20 PM »

Do you like what the person posted? For example, it could be a good explanation of a solution to a problem posted.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 07:33:11 PM »
The "LIKE" button was added years ago because we used to have a lot more people posting their songs in the forum's "SONGS PLAYED BY FORUM MEMBERS."

Too many members were listening to the songs and then leaving a message to say they enjoyed the recording. The original poster would then post a THANK YOU to each message.

The result was all the "RESENT POSTS" you would see at the bottom of the forum were these "Chit Chat" messages.

So instead of posting an unwanted THANK YOU message ... you are to hit the LIKE button.   ;D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 10:31:49 AM »
What does Kinda like mean?? ;D and simples. I thought it was simple!! :-\
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Nova227

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 01:42:22 PM »

Thanks for explanation and background. I see how its realted to a performance but is a distraction for general posting. (if you dont get a like should you try harder ?). I think the number of views and responses to a post is all thats needed. Maybe performance should have its own category.

Everytime i see the "Like " it reminds me of the deadly world of social media.
         I think it detracts from the forms professionalism

Thats said I am 70 and out of touch .

Nova 227

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 05:01:53 PM »

Hi Nova227,

I use the LIKE button e.g. when a member has posted a good explanation to a user request or a good addition to a previous answer of mine.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 12:25:49 AM »
   Thanks for explanation and background. I see how its realted to a performance but is a distraction for general posting. (if you dont get a like should you try harder ?). I think the number of views and responses to a post is all thats needed. Maybe performance should have its own category.

Everytime i see the "Like " it reminds me of the deadly world of social media.
         I think it detracts from the forms professionalism

Thats said I am 70 and out of touch .

Nova 227
Kinda like!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox