Author Topic: USB driver for Tyros 3 Voice Editor  (Read 1342 times)

Offline John K

USB driver for Tyros 3 Voice Editor
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:42:31 PM »
Hi,

I’m just wondering if anybody may know where I could get the computer driver for the Tyros 3 to run the voice editor please? And if indeed it will run on an up dated Windows? Or is there any other way to access voice editing on the T3?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline overover

Re: USB driver for Tyros 3 Voice Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 04:07:26 PM »
Hi John,

Please use the current USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Windows, usually the 64-bit version, unless you have a 32-bit (x86) Windows version, then you are using the 32-bit version of the USB-MIDI Driver:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/index.html?c=keyboards&k=USB-MIDI+Driver+V3.1.4+for+Win

Note: FIRST make the USB cable connection between T3's USB-to-Host terminal and PC. Then install the driver. I recommend repeating the driver installation for all other USB ports on the PC. So you can be sure that the USB-MIDI connection will later work on every USB socket on the PC.

By the way, on the Tyros you should set the preset MIDI template "All Parts" (in "Function > MIDI"). In the MIDI Setup of the T3 Voice Editor you set "Digital Workstation 1" for MIDI IN and OUT.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline John K

Re: USB driver for Tyros 3 Voice Editor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 05:18:33 PM »
Very many thanks Chris!

Much appreciated

Regards

John