Author Topic: Left voice on TRX type keyboard system  (Read 1052 times)

Offline MIKEP

Left voice on TRX type keyboard system
« on: March 23, 2023, 11:16:55 AM »
Hello
Has anyone encountered the situation where the left voice set to the lower keyboard suddenly increases in volume for no apparent reason, and if so how did you fix it?
Thank you.
Mike

Offline overover

Re: Left voice on TRX type keyboard system
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 11:46:49 AM »
Hi Mike,

You are probably talking about a "TRX Organ System" by musicland.co.uk with the Genos:
>>> http://trxsystem.co.uk/

I have not yet dealt with these systems in detail. As far as I know, these systems also use the SONG parts of the Tyros/Genos used.

Please note that the SONG volume on the Genos can easily be adjusted unintentionally using the corresponding Live Control slider. Something could also be misaligned here by Registrations in which a MIDI song is linked or through direct loading of a "normal" MIDI file.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 01:37:45 PM »
Hi Chris
I used the term TRX loosely. It is in fact my midi template where Left voice is set to play on the lower keyboard, the volume being set from the main screen.
Mike

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »
Hi Chris
I used the term TRX loosely. It is in fact my midi template where Left voice is set to play on the lower keyboard, the volume being set from the main screen.
Mike

Thanks for clarification, Mike.

Note that the Left Voice belongs to the STYLE group. In your case, the volume of the Left Voice may be adjusted by Style Registrations in which another Left Volume is saved.

In addition, the Left Volume could be accidentally adjusted if the standard type "B" (= Balance) is set for the Live Control sliders (as already mentioned for the Song volume).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 07:07:52 PM »
Hi Chris
Thank you for your feedback.
I am actually playing as an organ so no style is in operation. It does not happen all the time but occasionally when I am holding down a chord the left voice suddenly jumps from say 64 to 97.
I can only conclude it is a midi blip.
Mike