Author Topic: Playlist..how to go to the next song with only a button push?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline dupakos

Hello friends
when I am choosing a song from my playlist
I have set it up so that it shows me the text of the song on the screen.
Now I cannot find a way to go to the next song
other than pushing the "X" on the upper right corner
and then choosing the next song.
The "plus" "minus" buttons just spring among the pages of the same song
and do not carry me to the next song.
Does anyone know a solution ?
Sorry for my English
and thanks in advance

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:45:48 PM by dupakos »

Online overover

Re: Playlist..how to go to the next song with only a button push?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 06:42:11 PM »
Hi dupakos,

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to switch to the next Playlist record "in the background". And unfortunately, there is currently no function such as "Playlist +" for assigning to an Assignable button or to a Pedal.

The easiest would be to use the EXIT button to close the Text Viewer and thereby return to the Playlist display, or press the PLAYLIST button.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline dupakos

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 06:49:02 PM »
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to switch to the next Playlist record "in the background". And unfortunately, there is currently no function such as "Playlist +" for assigning to an Assignable button or to a Pedal.
The easiest would be to use the EXIT button to close the Text Viewer and thereby return to the Playlist display, or press the PLAYLIST button.
I am afraid that you are right my friend ,,they have made so many assignable funktions and yet something so simple and useful has eluded them.
Thanks anyway :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 09:37:24 PM »
I posted about this problem shortly after I got my Genos in 2018. Sadly it's never been addressed. And I was looking forward to using Genos Playlists

My solution was to do it the Tyros way. I create a gig folder, copy the song registrations I'll be using for the gig, and edit the file name so they appear in the order I want.

To me it's more important to be able to move smoothly from one song to the next without having to change anything on the screen display.

Cheers,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: dupakos

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 03:57:04 AM »
Hi, perhaps just push the reg+ button if the registrations are ordered; all the best Patrick

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 04:45:55 AM »
Hi, perhaps just push the reg+ button if the registrations are ordered; all the best Patrick

Defeats the purpose of a Playlist if it has to be in the sane order as the registrations. In which case, why wouldn’t you just use the registrations, and save yourself the hassle of making a playlist?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 07:19:03 AM »
I would have thought that it would be easy for Yamaha to make the Reg + & - buttons dual function for (Playlist And Reg). In other words Assignable.  Maybe they just never thought of it. Surely it is possible with a software update.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline dupakos

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 08:32:32 AM »
Defeats the purpose of a Playlist if it has to be in the sane order as the registrations. In which case, why wouldn’t you just use the registrations, and save yourself the hassle of making a playlist?
Cheers,Fred
if you work with registrations then you have many more disadvantages 1) you cannot see all the registrations together 2) if you want to rearrange this is a big problem 3) if you want to add a registration to a registration bank which is full then this is it big trouble.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 11:47:09 AM »
if you work with registrations then you have many more disadvantages 1) you cannot see all the registrations together 2) if you want to rearrange this is a big problem 3) if you want to add a registration to a registration bank which is full then this is it big trouble.

I haven’t had any of those problems.

If a bank is full, I just create another one (eg, "Sweet Caroline" and "Sweet Caroline2"). The sequencer will happily move to the next bank without skipping a beat.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ