Author Topic: styles  (Read 1240 times)

Offline john1509

styles
« on: March 20, 2023, 09:25:38 PM »
hello everyone need some help please.  I think i have just messed up. what i have done is I decided to copy all my styles from one usb to another. but when i copied them I  decided to put them all in separate folders. rather than in one folder called styles. buy when I put usb back into keyboard and select usb1 then search for a style  it wont search. if i look for the song say my way. and select it manually it works fine. so what am asking is do they have to be put them  back into one folder called styles for me to search?   sorry for the long question TX  BTW SX700 i have

Offline Toril S

Re: styles
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 09:39:34 PM »
No. But if you have made changes to the contents of your USB stick, the keyboard may need some time to index your files. Just insert the stick and give it some minutes to sort it out. But when it comes to REGISTRATIONS, you either have tonput everything as it was before, or redo them.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

madirv

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 09:44:25 PM »
Hi there,
By an amazing coincidence I have just been doing the same thing!!!  I transferred all the contents of one USB onto the other one plugged in as USB1.  Most of them were styles under song names and I transferred over about 10 separate folders.  Did them one folder at a time.  I then ( to test it out) searched for a style which I knew was on the lot I had transferred but nothing happened.  I assumed therefore that the search button would only work on the preset styles so I went off and just messed about -playing something and then just tried again and that time it found everything!!!  Unfortunately I cant tell you how to do it or what happened but thought that perhaps if you switch off or something and try again it may all come back.  I think it must just have been somehting I pressed that caused it to work the second time.
Good luck
Irene
PS  Toril has answered whilst I was typing this---looks like it might work then ;D

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 10:33:57 PM »
No, it is just ss I said above. The keyboard needs some time to index the files. While you messed around playing it got it all sorted out😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: TheBitfiddler

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 09:20:12 AM »
A similar problem occurs when you try to copy backed up files from pc to usb.
I keep all my SX700 usb folders on a 2Tb external disk drive. But I learned some time ago, it's not a good idea to try and copy them to a new usb stick all at once.
If you do, Quite simply, Windows can't cope with it, and gets very confused.
Yes, I KNOW I've got sub folders with say Pop and Rock in 3 different main folders, and that's how it works... and yes, thanks Nanny Windows but NO I don't want you to overwrite my files with the same name, because, actually, the Styles are different.

I've found that the only sure fire way of copying a usb stick is to do it one folder at a time.
Sure, it takes longer, but I get a clean copy, and I put back exactly what I want.

But all this assumes, of course, that you have backed up ALL your files.

You have, haven't you?
 :-\
Losing them all to a faulty usb stick would not be good  So back up your sticks... Regularly!
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline vitofra

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 02:36:16 PM »
Hi there,

styles must be placed on the root of the usb stick or can I made directories on the stick with the different singers ?
PSR sx 900
Arturia Minilab 3
Carte son Behringer UMC404HD
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM 58
MacBook Pro 16" M1 PRO
Logic Pro X

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 03:14:30 PM »
Hi there,

styles must be placed on the root of the usb stick or can I made directories on the stick with the different singers ?

Styles can go anywhere. Create as many folders as you like. Keep the names short, as some keyboards have an overall limit of, say, 50 characters.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline vitofra

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 08:17:58 PM »
Thanks Fred  :)
PSR sx 900
Arturia Minilab 3
Carte son Behringer UMC404HD
Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM 58
MacBook Pro 16" M1 PRO
Logic Pro X

Offline john1509

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2023, 08:50:10 PM »
thanks everyone on this. think as Toril S said the keyboard needed time to sort the styles out as its working now. thanks everyone for you help