Author Topic: Style Management Surprises and Frustrations  (Read 815 times)

Offline Nova227

Style Management Surprises and Frustrations
« on: March 17, 2023, 03:55:45 PM »
 Today while working on the Preset Style Favoutites I discovered that:

- if you held the selected favourite down the sort order changed, it appeared to resort by icon after doing this several times i noticed number of tabs at the bottom was lesss..... holding it down deletes the file from favourites.  Surprise, surprise ..... wonderful idea.
- that holding down a style in category down will add a yellow bar next to the icon and it also adds it to favouties file.

I dont remeber seeing this in the manuals. its seems the approach in the manual is much more complex . Am i missing something ?

Any other hidden functions ?

Style types (icons) seemed to all mixed up within category is there a reason for this ?

i am also looking for any advice on best practices for style mangement as well before i get to deep into settings things up.

Thanks Nova227

Online RONBO

Re: Style Management Surprises and Frustrations
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 02:27:27 PM »
Hello,

Styles that you select for the Favourites List are added in the order that you choose them.
The last style you select will appear at the end of the list. That is how it works.

This makes a particular style hard to locate at times , since all styles are not in alphabetical order.

To fix this you can copy all the favs to a new folder that you could name "MY FAVS", as an example, and save to the User Section, where they will appear in alphabetical order.
That makes finding a style you wish to use easier to get at.

I found this remedy here on this forum not too long ago and it works for me.

To be clear, I did not invent this solution. However I am thankful to the member who did

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Nova227

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I just realized i could copy the yellow highlited favourites out of the preset Style Tabs Groupings  and past them to my usb stick. This cant be done from the favourite folder for some reason.

Nova227

Online RONBO

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 06:41:43 PM »
Hello,

Yes you are correct. I probably mislead you when I might have mentioned that copying from the favourites tab is an option.  Indeed it is not!

You have to do what you stated and place them in an appropriate folder either in the User tab or a Usb Stick

Sorry if I confused the issue.

You are on the right path

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos