Author Topic: Audio Quick recording not available on my SX900  (Read 647 times)

Offline YammyFan

Audio Quick recording not available on my SX900
« on: March 18, 2023, 06:36:58 AM »
Every now and then when I want to record on my SX900 a sign comes up saying "This function is not available now" Last year, on this Forum,I had several members come up with suggestions as to why I have this problem, and today I tried all of their suggestions but to no avail. I know that it works  OK  quite often , so I think that there must be something that I am doing wrong. There is quite a lot of information in both the Owners manual and the Reference manual on how to record in midi , but I don't want to record in midi.

Offline Divemaster

Re: Audio Quick recording not available on my SX900
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 08:51:21 AM »
Hi

2 things to try.

1. Remove any USB sticks that you have attached, and take them to your pc. Save any important Audio files, then Delete all the numerical audio files created on your keyboard from the stick. It's possible that you've simply got too many audio recordings for the Quick recording feature to handle. I often make between 4 and 20 recordings per song to nail a recording. That builds up. Delete the unwanted ones regularly.

2 Try holding the furthest most right hand key on your 900 and power it on. Keep the key held down until the main display appears. This often clears temporary glitches.

See if that helps.
Keith
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:07:13 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: LaHawk, YammyFan