Author Topic: Aux Input / Neo Ventilator  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Luluc

Aux Input / Neo Ventilator
« on: March 16, 2023, 08:41:05 PM »
Hi all,

I have some questions before buying the Neo Ventilator II.
The output signal of the Neo ventilator is sent to the AUX input of the Genos.
According to the manual, I see that the AUX input is not routed thru the internal compressor and Equalizer of the Genos.

How do you manage that ? Is it really an important drawback ?
With no compression, the organ sound from the neo ventilator may become too loud and disturb the general mix of  a song.

So, do I need to route the output signal from the Ventilator thru an external mixer, with its own tone control and compressor ?

OR

Do I need to add an internal Compression effect in the Genos on the R1 track for example ?

Thanks in advance,
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Online overover

Re: Aux Input / Neo Ventilator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 09:23:42 PM »
Hi Luluc,

I don't think you need or should compress the external signal routed through the Neo Ventilator II. In my opinion, in order to play a realistic Organ, a Volume Pedal (FC7) should be used anyway (which only affects the Organ part).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline soryt

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 11:31:51 PM »
You don’t need the compressor setting , you can adjust the Ventilator unit to get the right balance with the live buttons. The only effect on the line out  in is the reverb you can choose in effect setting for the drawbars voice in , than connect the outputs of Ventilator out to Aux in .
You can listen and look at my YouTube videos that I posted about the Neo Ventilator.
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 12:43:26 AM »
Hi Luluc --

If you're not using the Microphone input for a mic/singing, maybe route the Vent into the Microphone input.

The Mic input goes into the Mixer signal flow. See the block diagram on page 132 of the Genos Reference Manual.

If you're putting the Vent on the Genos output, then you'll need to avoid a feedback path!

-- pj

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 01:50:45 AM »
Hi Luluc --

If you're not using the Microphone input for a mic/singing, maybe route the Vent into the Microphone input.

The Mic input goes into the Mixer signal flow. See the block diagram on page 132 of the Genos Reference Manual. ...

-- pj

The Mic input is only MONO, and unfortunately there is no "real" stereo input on newer models like Genos (apart from the AUX IN, which however does not allow for effects routing). The Neo Ventilator II also has a MONO OUT, but you will achieve significantly better results if such Rotary Speaker effect devices are operated in STEREO on the output side.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 08:34:18 PM »
I am using the Ventilator like i mentioned, use  the extra outputs and input and it wil work,
Using mic is totally bs .
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 11:00:31 PM »
Sorry, gents. I hit the PA in MONO nor do I have stereo monitoring when playing live on the job.

Let's just say that stereo vs. mono rotary is a point of controversy between players.  :)

The MIC input, BTW, permits the addition of DSP effects like reverb.

All the best -- pj