Author Topic: Install tyros4/5 original voice pack on psr-sx series  (Read 760 times)

Offline icatalin42

Install tyros4/5 original voice pack on psr-sx series
« on: March 15, 2023, 12:37:26 PM »
Is it possible to install original (factory embedded) voices of Tyros4/5 onto the psr-sx keyboards (except the SA2 ones obviously)? Why do i ask this? My sx600 from what i saw/read has many of the SA, mega or cool, or regular voices found also on tyros4/5 models. I found that many regular or cool or mega voices of tyros5 were not imported on sx600 though.
Thank you,
Kat.

Offline overover

Re: Install tyros4/5 original voice pack on psr-sx series
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 02:04:55 PM »
Hi Kat,

No, this is not possible. Preset Voices cannot be installed on another model, they are not available as Expansion Voices. If you want full voice compatibility with Tyros4/5 you need to buy a Genos  (contains all the Voices of all Tyros models).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:06:06 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Keyboard Master, icatalin42

Offline icatalin42

Re: Install tyros4/5 original voice pack on psr-sx series
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 02:45:26 PM »
I see, it's understandable. I thought maybe non SA2 voices could be packaged to install but i understand. Anyway, im still happy that i could find alot of tyros5 voices on my sx600 data list (maybe not sounding the same but at least are there). Tx.