Author Topic: Planning to Buy an SX-700  (Read 1429 times)

Planning to Buy an SX-700
« on: March 13, 2023, 07:42:28 AM »
Hi everyone im thinking abount getting a psr sx700 someday and want to get it cheaper i found it on the site from indoneasa and it is in thair currency but once i converted it to usd i got $995 so just about a grand and that is the price range im seeking. here's the link check t out and also see if the site is trusted too. https://shopee.co.id/Keyboard-Yamaha-PSR-SX700-Original-i.64556181.2834393703

Jeff Hollande

Re: Planning to Buy an SX-700
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
Hi :

Do not know where you are living but additional transport costs, import duties and/or taxes could increase the total costst.  8)
IMHO there might be launched an SX700's successor in 2024 ... who knows ?

Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:31:18 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:40:53 AM »
Apart from local taxes, import duty etc etc, find out all you can about the seller. Online reviews show this shopee outfit as having very bad customer reviews I would certainly NOT buy from them.
Ask yourself these questions.
Is the keyboard new or second hand? If it's suspiciously cheap there may be a reason. Do your homework.
It looks like you want to ship it to the US from Asia?
Why.... There are Yamaha dealerships in the US

And pay by a reputable method such as PayPal, and NEVER EVER by bank transfer or Western Union. This will help to prevent you from potential fraud.
In short, I would contact Yamaha directly, and see what their best price price is to ship to you direct. You can also find out who their Yamaha Dealerships are in your own country.

There's an old saying in the UK
Buy in haste..... Repent at leisure! Don't let some scammer steal your money.

I hope you do buy the SX700 it's a fabulous arranger to play. But DON'T GET RIPPED OFF. There is always a safer seller if you look for one.
Keith
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:25:50 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 10:14:18 AM »
Thank you for your inputs i am in the us so i was curious what it would cost to ship it from indonesia ti america,

madirv

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 10:24:54 AM »
You need to be really careful about those sites in the far east.  One of them was recently advertising brand new Genos' s for about £200 or something really really stupid and the name was something like the one you quote.  Turns out the whole thing is a scam site and no one ever gets the keyboards.
If a thing looks too good to be true etc..........
Was about to post the dealer where i bought 2 keyboards as they are usually the best around but Im in the UK so no use to you.
Good luck with your search though.
Irene

Offline Dupe

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
Plenty of good advice here, and of course help. I bought my SX700 a few months back, as a used model but by buying from a Yamaha dealer, I know I can get reliable service should a fault ever show up. Sometimes it's not all about the price but after-sales service is very important, for what is a very complex piece of electronic equipment. Wish you well, and enjoy your final purchase. Dupe   

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 03:30:20 PM »
If you’re in the US, it’s worth a call to places like Sweetwater, Musicians Friend etc to see if you can get a deal.

Also, local music stores can sometimes give you a discount

Buying overseas is risky
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 04:48:41 AM »
I agree with all your inputs and yes even though i found that deal i feel i could be a scam that;s why i wanted to double check. i do think about searching for a used one for that price range at my local music store if one evey arrives. used. i do still have a psr s770 that im willing to trade for an sx700 or so.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 07:42:45 AM »
Hi :

Do not know where you are living but additional transport costs, import duties and/or taxes could increase the total costst.  8)
IMHO there might be launched an SX700's successor in 2024 ... who knows ?

Best wishes, JH
i was also curious too when will yamaha release the next models i hate to buy the cuurent one and the new one gets released shorty afterwards. But well see. Also i have a feeling the next models will have SA2 voices and i would love to have those too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 08:13:56 AM by Keyboard Master »

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 01:52:08 PM »
I think the simple answer to it is this.

Nobody knows when Yamaha will produce new models, but as the PSR SX-700 is a pretty new addition, I can't see an update coming along any time soon.

You will always have a scenario where newer models will have more features than the ones they replace . That's just market forces at work, but you may also get a newer keyboard that doesn't fit your bill at all.

There seems to be more of a lean towards combining arrangers with synths, and that's something that really wouldn't interest me at all. For the sort of music I play the SX series are, I truly believe to be the very very best arranger keyboards on the market at the present time. And you can add to, and customise them so much already.

But the ultimate choice is always yours. As I always say....Spend Once Spend wisely.

Keith
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 02:10:49 PM »
If you're in the US looking for a deal, look on ebay or reverb. Also there won't be a SX gen 2 unless there's a successor to Genos.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 06:31:34 PM »
Thank you for your advise. i will Decide what i want to do when i want to upgrade.