Author Topic: GUITAR VOICES TO LOAD ON GENOS  (Read 2093 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

GUITAR VOICES TO LOAD ON GENOS
« on: March 12, 2023, 03:28:59 PM »
If there are any Guitar Voices (besides the existing ones) I would like to load in my Genos Keyboard.

I have an electric guitar with Fishman Tripleplay and would like to play different guitar voices (Fender Stratocaster etc)

Thanks
Oz

Re: GUITAR VOICES TO LOAD ON GENOS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 04:15:54 PM »
If there are any Guitar Voices (besides the existing ones) I would like to load in my Genos Keyboard.

I have an electric guitar with Fishman Tripleplay and would like to play different guitar voices (Fender Stratocaster etc)

Thanks
Oz

The guitars sounds on Genos are made with and old technology called “MegaVoice” but only Yamaha can create “MegaVoices”. There are also Super Articulation Guitar voices but again only Yamaha can create S.Art voices.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 11:52:21 AM »
I use the "SingleCoilClean" to simulate a Strat sound.  And I use it a lot in Country songs.

You might check out some of the Vince Gill and Elvis songs.

Drake

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 10:13:44 PM »

Maybe modify existing voices to use new DSP effects? Seems like a large part of guitar "tone" is shaped by pedals and other out-board effects. Saw a documentary in which Edge (U2) demonstrated his guitar clean and through his pedal board. Amazing difference!

But, I'll bet you already thought of this...  :)

-- pj

Offline stkeys

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 08:34:20 PM »
Hi Oz, I believe this site has some good instruments and styles for the Yamaha range of keyboards including 4 Guitars that you can purchase individually or as a pack of 4.
https://samplecreator.it/category-product/sounds/sounds-yamaha/

Here is a link to the Guitar demos.
https://samplecreator.it/product/guitars-bundle/

I've not purchased any myself as they are locked to your own keyboard and I'm waiting for my Genos to arrive.
I did receive the free Style from them and tried it on my PSR-SX900. I thought is was very good so will probably buy from them in the future.

Regards,

Steve.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 04:55:31 AM »
Dear member of psr tutorial, do you imply that you can't buy packs or sounds from them because they don't work on the keyboard? For example, I have an s970, so if I wanted to buy it, it wouldn't work and how can I get something from them, because their page is in Italian and has some steps that are somewhat abstruse to understand, thanks for your attention.

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 11:12:28 AM »
https://samplecreator.it/en/category-product/sounds-arrangers/sounds-yamaha-arrangers/

When you purchase a pack it is linked to YOUR Kb ID, so if you buy another kb later it will not load into the new KB.

ALL PACKS PURCHASED ON SAMPLECREATOR.IT ARE LINKED TO A SINGLE “INSTRUMENT INFO” FILE THAT REFERS TO YOUR KEYBOARD WHEN ORDERING. THE SAME PACK WILL NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH MORE KEYBOARDS. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD, FOLLOWING THE ORDER ON OUR SITE, A NEW PACK MUST BE PURCHASED. EACH PACK WILL BE SENT ONLY ONCE AND CAN BE USED ON A SINGLE KEYBOARD.

Bill
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 11:17:23 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 03:43:56 AM »
For example, a musician friend, if I wanted to buy the mks20 ep1, what should I do? what are the steps add to cart and then where do I go, and the instrument info is sent by mail? thanks for your attention

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 09:25:38 AM »
Hi Gaston

Make sure the the soundpack is suitable for your keyboard.
Every KB has an KB ID number (Not the Serial Number).
It is held inside the operating system.
You go to the KB and export the number.
You place your order and provide the supplier with you ID Number from the KB.
The supplier will encrypt the soundpack with your ID No.
They then provide you with a link to download the file.
Download the file and install it into the Expansion Manager program.
Then you create a file CPI etc to install it into the keyboard.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 07:34:00 PM »
Many Thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 08:41:25 PM »
Hi Manuel,

The "Keyboard ID" mentioned by Bill is called "Instrument Info file" on PSR-S/SX models and Genos/Tyros5. See page 23 in the S970 Reference Manual for information on saving this file (.n27) to a USB stick.

P.S.
Please note that, as previously mentioned, a protected third-party Expansion Pack (.cpf format) where the manufacturer requires your .n27 file upon purchase can only be used on that one keyboard. If you upgrade to a different keyboard, you usually have to buy the Pack again.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)