Author Topic: Saving Audio Files  (Read 1760 times)

Offline DaveD

Saving Audio Files
« on: March 09, 2023, 04:44:19 PM »
I would like to save some audio files from the Quick Recording Section to a USB stick. Please may I have some help ?

Thanks,
DaveD

Offline Divemaster

Re: Saving Audio Files
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 06:00:09 PM »
Hi Dave
To do this, press your Recording button which is in the Song section to the left of the screen. Make sure you have a usb flash drive in the USB socket.
Now press Audio Quick recording.
You will now see the recording screen. It will show Audio-001. **But see below. 
The red REC light will be blinking.
Set up your keyboard to record, and when ready,
Press the Play./Pause tab, and start to play..
When you have finished, press stop. That will be saved.
If you want to do another recording, press the REC tab again.
You will see the Audio Icon on the screen move to Audio-002.
As you record further files it will change incrementally to Audio 003 4 5 and so on.
Once you're done. Take the stick out. Connect to your pc where you will see them as Audio 1/2/3 etc.
Save them and rename them.
Then once you've saved them, delete them from your stick.
**If you don't delete the tracks that you have recorded ,  you may well start recording next time on say Audio 035..or Audio 56..it can get messy....Believe  ;)

You can record in WAV or MP3.  To change from one to the other, press the red Rec button, and then go to the three bar menu top right.
You then have the option to choose your recording mode.

Hope that helps
Keith.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:15:33 PM by Divemaster »
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline DaveD

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 06:55:28 PM »
Hi Keith, thanks for the information. I can record the song without a problem - I just can't find the song audio file afterwards to transfer it to my computer.  I know I doing something stupid but this is where I'm stuck !
DaveD

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 08:23:34 PM »
Hi Dave

Yes, I too searched for it on my SX without any success, so god only knows where they bury them, but if you remove the USB, you will see them listed as Audio 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 etc.

Then just offload them to a convenient folder and RENAME them.

Here's a picture of where mine come up. Fortunately I've just been recording, and you can see where I have actually made 9 recordings of a song, before finalising it to Audio 10.

I hope that helps, but if we do find out where Yamaha hide them that will help us both !
Korg  PA5X

Offline DaveD

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 09:20:41 PM »
I have removed the USB but there was no sign of the audio files on it.  I am now away until next Tuesday. Hopefully someone will point us both in the right direction.  I wonder if Genos handles these files differently.
DaveD

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 09:32:57 PM »
I would like to save some audio files from the Quick Recording Section to a USB stick. Please may I have some help ?

Thanks,
DaveD

Hi Dave,

Have you tried directly in the Audio Quick Recording display touching the song name (e.g. Audio_001)? This should open the Song Selection display where you can also copy audio songs.

The recorded Audio Quick Recording Songs always appear in the User category on the Song Selection display. In any case, you can open the Song Selection display by pressing the SONG button to open the Song Player and then touching a song name there.

By the way, as far as I know, you can only record in Wave format (.wav) with Audio Quick Recording on the Genos, not in MP3 format.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:36:57 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 08:05:26 AM »
Hi Chris. Good morning from the UK.
There must be differences in the Genos and SX screens.
What Dave asked was how to get audio files onto a USB stick.
The way I do it, and which I explained to him, works 100% on my SX700, so it's strange to both of us why he's not seeing anything..
I've just popped downstairs, and tried your suggestion, but on my SX pressing the actual display where it says Audio 001 doesn't do anything at all. There is no input from that.

Obviously the SX puts the Audio data straight onto the USB stick automatically, as in my photo, because I can easily transfer files to and from my pc this way without any issues.
Genos obviously does things differently, but I was surprised that it doesn't record in MP3 format. That said, it's easy enough to convert.
So I'll be interested to see why the data from the Genos doesn't go straight to the USB stick as my SX does.
Maybe it's just because the SX Models are newer?
Or maybe.... Just Maybe has Dave missed an update of some sort.
Interesting, but disappointed that I wasn't able to solve it for him.
Thanks for all you contribute Chris, you are much appreciated on PSR forums.

Keith.
Korg  PA5X

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 01:01:22 PM »
Once you have recorded your Audio Exit the screen. Now press the song "A" button and you will see the song number you have just recorded. Highlight the song and press file. Now give your song a Name. Put your USB stick in. Now highlight the song you have just named and press file again and this time select Copy. Press copy again and now select USB 1 and press Copy here. The song is now on your USB stick
  This of course is for Genos.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 03:34:55 PM »
Thanks Eileen, that's clarified it, and it's now obvious that the SX has a different and I actually reckon much simpler way of doing it.
Helpful advice.  :)
Keith
Korg  PA5X

Offline DaveD

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 12:11:20 PM »
Sorry for the late response but I was out of the country for 5 days.  Thank you to all who send messages. I now understand where I was going wrong and can now record to a USB on my Genos.

DaveD

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster