Author Topic: Modify and save a style  (Read 1017 times)

Offline guitpic1

Modify and save a style
« on: March 08, 2023, 12:08:01 PM »
If I go to the mixer and make minor changes to a style…like tempo, increase bass, reduce volume etc…
My only option to save that modified style is as a registration; correct?

For example:

I modify part C of a style slightly.  I save it as a registration and song.  But if I want to keep these changes, I need to save those changes with a new name as a registration…correct?

I don’t see any way way to make such simple changes in style creator…???
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline DrakeM

Re: Modify and save a style
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 12:14:24 PM »
Save the style using the STYLE CREATOR to your USB stick and give it a NEW name. It is a customized style at that point.   8)

That way when you upgrade to a newer model keyboard in 10 years or so. You will be able to use your styles right away on that keyboard. Registration do not always transfer well from keyboard to keyboard.

Drake

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 12:46:40 PM »
Thx Drake

I’ve been making modifications using the Mixer function.  I haven’t figured out how to use the mixer function in conjunction with style creator.

I’ll see what I can learn.

Thx again
guitpic1

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
If you make all your adjustments in the mixer and you are happy with them then go to style Creator and just select SAVE. This will now save your new settings to the user style which you can re-name to your choice.

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 01:54:36 PM »
Thx Eileen

I’ll try that 👍

I’ve never really messed with style creator so that will be a new experience
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 01:55:50 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

notebleue

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 10:56:33 PM »
Be aware that if you change it in the mixer first and then go to the Style Creator and save it, your changes will be applied to all the parts of the style. For example, if you change the volume, etc. for Chord 1 in Main A it will be applied to the Chord 1 channel across the style. If you want to make adjustments to each part individually, you need to go to the Style Creator first. Make changes in the mixer to each style part while you are in the Style Creator and then save them.

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan