Author Topic: Style Auditioning Advice  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Nova227

Style Auditioning Advice
« on: March 07, 2023, 05:31:39 PM »
Style Auditioning Advice

Is it possible to use my PC to Audition styles with the sound output coming through the keyboard voices. 
If this is possible what is the best utility programs do I use ?

I am using an sx 900.

Offline Drsun19

Re: Style Auditioning Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:47:11 PM »
Style Magic YA, you can also edit.
Genos, Montage 7, Alesis Vortex Wireless 2, IMac 32Gb RAM, Lenovo Legion i7, Yamaha DXR 12, Cubase 10.5, Sample Robot, Style Magic YA, Keyscape, Omnisphere.

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:19:26 PM »
Its much better and maybe easier in my view to audition on the keyboard. You set the keyboard to stay on tempo when you change style. Then select a style and play a chord or two while humming the song you want to use it for in your head. Then try the next style you want to audition without ever stopping. I can cycle thru dozens in just a minute or two this way to find a suitable style or to ensure the style works properly.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:23:53 PM »
Mike hit the nail on the head! Take the time and effort to audition those styles on your keyboard, which will provide you with the sounds you will eventually hear when that style is used for a performance, or just to record a song. Then, if you wish, you can rename the style to a particular song title, for which that style is suitable. In the end, you will then be able to search for that style by song title, which is how I initially created my series of Gig Disc's. When someone came up to me and requested a song, all I had to do is tab to my USB drive and I could instantly find that song based upon the style titles. It sure a performers life a lot easier, and your audiences will love you for this.

Additionally, you can link those styles to Registrations, Music Finder Directory, or play list. Skimming through styles using a PC just doesn't cut it, especially if you are, or want to be, an on stage entertainer.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively