Author Topic: DGX670 Mic  (Read 1554 times)

Offline BBDGX670

DGX670 Mic
« on: March 05, 2023, 02:05:11 AM »
Hello folks:  I currently have a long  1/4 inch TS to female XLR mic cable which is wrapped around my mic stand and along the boom to the mic.  I would like to use my wireless XVive U3 2.4 GHz dynamic  mic system with the DGX to avoid any mic cable. I need an 1/4" to to female adapter to plug into the 1/4 " mic input on the back of the DGX.  Question is should it be TS or TRS or does it matter? Also the Xvive transmitter  has a switch for line or mic. I assume it would always be mic. Appreciate any help. Thanks!
Brian
DGX 670, Roland E60, Korg Liverpool
TC Helicon VL3 /Digitech TRIO+
BOSE S1 Pro with T1
IK AxeIOSolo

Offline overover

Re: DGX670 Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 02:20:40 AM »
Hello folks:  I currently have a long  1/4 inch TS to female XLR mic cable which is wrapped around my mic stand and along the boom to the mic.  I would like to use my wireless XVive U3 2.4 GHz dynamic  mic system with the DGX to avoid any mic cable. I need an 1/4" to to female adapter to plug into the 1/4 " mic input on the back of the DGX.  Question is should it be TS or TRS or does it matter? Also the Xvive transmitter  has a switch for line or mic. I assume it would always be mic. Appreciate any help. Thanks!
Brian

Hi Brian,

The DGX-670 has an unbalanced MIC INPUT jack (TS). So the cable you are currently using is the right one (XLR female to TS). To connect the receiver of the XVive U3 system to the DGX-670, you need exactly the same cable (only shorter, if desired) or an appropriate adapter plug, i.e. with the following wiring:

• XLR female pin 2 (signal +)  >>>  TS tip contact
• XLR female pin 1 (shield/screen) bridged to XLR pin 3 (signal -)  >>>  TS sleeve contact

Balanced cables/adapters (XLR female to TRS) CANNOT be used unless modified to unbalanced (XLR pins 1 + 3 bridged and/or TRS ring + sleeve contacts bridged).

In order not to put too much strain on the DGX-670's MIC IN jack, I would not use a straight adapter plug in this case. Instead, I would use a short XLR female to TS cable, ideally with a right angle TS plug.

In your case (when connecting to a microphone), the Mic/Line switch on the XVive transmitter must be set to MIC. It is also important that you correctly set the GAIN (Input Level) in the Mic Setting on the DGX-670. Make sure to adjust it so the Input Level meter lights in yellow or green. When the input level is too high, it lights in red. You probably need a lot less "Gain" here compared to the directly connected microphone, since the XVive receiver probably has a significantly higher output.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 02:56:07 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BBDGX670

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 05:32:14 AM »
Hello Chris:
This is exactly the information I needed. Thank you very much!
Regards,
Brian
DGX 670, Roland E60, Korg Liverpool
TC Helicon VL3 /Digitech TRIO+
BOSE S1 Pro with T1
IK AxeIOSolo

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 06:15:33 AM »
You're welcome, Brian!

I'm glad to could help you. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)