Author Topic: Copy user saved vocal harmonies to paste into PSR s910 user vocal harmonies  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Terry

I have a PSR s900 and s910.  I need to copy the vocal Harmony settings from the users side of the s900 so I can paste it into the user portion of the s910. I must have been able to do this before because when I bought the S9 10 I was able to transfer everything over

Offline DrakeM

Have you copied the VH2 setups to a USB stick?

I think you can import them onto your newer keyboard that way. I keep all my setups on a USB stick and call them up with different registration for each one.

I have not transferred my VH2 setup to a newer keyboard and my previous keyboard used the older VH program. So, I could not import them into the VH2 and I had to rebuild them all.

Regards
Drake

Offline Terry

unfortunately, there is no option to copy/paste the user VH to a flash drive.    Only option is save to the same user file unless I'm missing something.

Offline DrakeM

Go to your USER tab where your Setups are located and LOAD one of them.

Then move to your USB1 tab and then SAVE it. 

Offline overover

I have a PSR s900 and s910.  I need to copy the vocal Harmony settings from the users side of the s900 so I can paste it into the user portion of the s910. I must have been able to do this before because when I bought the S9 10 I was able to transfer everything over

Hi Terry,

The user-defined Vocal Harmony (VH) types are stored in the User Effect settings at PSR-S900 and S910.

On the S900, please go to "Function > Utility > System Reset Tab" and press "User Effect Files" ([H] button). In this display you can SAVE the current User Effect settings on the connected USB stick (as an .eff file).

Then connect the USB stick to the S910, also go to the mentioned "User Effect Files" display. If necessary, you should now save the current User VH types of the S910 on the USB stick. Choose a meaningful file name here! Now you can load (recall) the previously saved .eff User Effect file of the S900 on the S910. If you are lucky, the S900 user VH types also work on the S910.

Note that an .eff User Effect file not only contains the User VH types, but also contains the other User Effect types and User Master EQ types. Therefore, the latter two would also be overwritten when recalling an .eff file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 06:14:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Terry

I saved the USER EFFECT PRESET on the s900 to a USB Stick. Then checked the stick using a PC. It showed that file as a s900.bup.  Changed the "bup" to "eff" then inserted the stick into the s910. Called up the "eff" file> hit save then went to VH USER file and sadly it was still empty.  There is no USB1 tab ont the VH screen.  I think I'm going to have to manualy copy the settings.  Thanks for your input.

Offline overover

I saved the USER EFFECT PRESET on the s900 to a USB Stick. Then checked the stick using a PC. It showed that file as a s900.bup.  Changed the "bup" to "eff" then inserted the stick into the s910. Called up the "eff" file> hit save then went to VH USER file and sadly it was still empty.  There is no USB1 tab ont the VH screen.  I think I'm going to have to manualy copy the settings.  Thanks for your input.

Hi Terry,

You obviously saved the wrong file. A .bup file is a Backup file and is saved in "Function > Utility > OWNER > BACKUP". A .bup file contains the following settings:

- User System settings
   - User Effect settings (also User VH Settings)
   - User MIDI settings
   - User Music Finder settings
   - as well as the entire content of the internal User drive (!)

However, .bup Backup files are not intended to be loaded/restored on another model.

Please go through my first post again. If you go to SAVE as described in "Function > Utility > SYSTEM RESET > USER EFFECT FILES", an .eff file will be saved properly. Make sure that you really have selected the USB stick as the storage target, i.e. not the internal User drive.

Note: Loading of the S900 .eff file on the S910 is also done in "Function > Utility > SYSTEM RESET > USER EFFECT FILES", i.e. NOT in the VH display!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 02:57:39 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)