Author Topic: Copying an audio style from S970 to Genos  (Read 1018 times)

Offline andyg

Copying an audio style from S970 to Genos
« on: March 04, 2023, 12:53:55 PM »
I've posted this on another group and got some good info but nothing that quite answers the query, so here goes!

On the S970, I took a 6/8 audio style and did some edits, copying in parts from other 6/8 styles. That was saved as a user style and of course, it was still an audio style.

As you can't copy audio styles directly, I attempted to re-edit the new style, removing the audio drum parts and replacing them with MIDI drum parts. This appeared to be successful. but on saving the  style, it still shows up as an audio style.

Attempt 2 started by using a non-audio 6/8 style and copying over the parts from the style I'd created. Again this appeared to work and I could transfer it to the Genos, but A B C and D variations all come out the same!

I'd really like to get my edited 6/8 style onto the Genos. Any suggestions?
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline terryB

Re: Copying an audio style from S970 to Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 01:28:45 PM »
Hi Andy I seem to remember when I copied audio style I did save/save as, this was on a T5

Cheers Terry

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 06:38:46 PM »
Your step "2" was the correct method to use.

You had to do something incorrect when copying B C and D parts of the style.

Make sure you are copying from the MAIN B each time you grab a new style part. (as an example)

It sounds like you took the parts from MAIN A each time. That screen was confusing when I first learned how to copy and paste parts from one style to another.

Also make sure the style you are Copying TO has the PARTS A B C and D at least 4 measure LONG and you should have no issues with most Yamaha styles. A very few Yamaha styles have parts that are 8 measures LONG. With those style you will then need to increase your NEW style to a length of 8 measures also.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 06:51:41 PM by DrakeM »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 03:10:05 PM »
Hi Andy,
  You can copy Audio styles one by one from YEM pack load into keyboard. They then will work directly from USB stick without the need to have the pack loaded on the flash memory.